Facebook Ad

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by Chris Grigg, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Chris Grigg

Chris Grigg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I was thinking about spending about $35 on facebook ads for my Web Hosting Company to try and get some more customers. Has anyone actually bought facebook ads before and got good results? Tell me your experiences before I buy!

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Chris I haven't actually purchased FaceBook ads in the past. However, I've read that the greatest advantages of using FaceBook ads is the level of targeting and reporting that they provide. You can focus your ads so that they are only displayed to a very specific target audience and FaceBook provide excellent reports on their ads so that you can see exactly which ads are working and bringing conversions and which ones aren't. You can do split level testing such as having two ads with exactly the same text, but each with a different image - run both ads to the same target market and then analyse your FaceBook ad reports to see which ad is bringing you the highest conversion rates.

You might also find the previous discussions listed below, related to promoting your business or website on FaceBook, helpful.

How can I use facebook or twitter to promote my whiskey stones business?
    Designing a Facebook Fan Page
    How about Facebook Questions as a means of promoting your business?
    How can I get a user-friendly URL for a FaceBook fan page?

Good luck with them.

3. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have considered it, but never got around to doing so. I think it would be an interesting and probably successful venture, and if you do go with it, good luck.