Facbook Timeline

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by stellaandreapark, Feb 12, 2012.

1. stellaandreapark

stellaandreapark
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Seeing it, it doesn't look professional to me, and I don't like it personally. How about you?

2. Janechan

Janechan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't like facebook.
    Because I can't use it unless I use proxy.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Personally I don't like it either, I prefer their original format. Perhaps it will grow on us however and just maybe we will come to love i :) Sometimes a change from something we are used to can make us feel a little uncomfortable and then once we get used to it we realise that it has advantages over the original version.

4. Fowler

Fowler
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Personally I have never really used Facebook so I never became attached to the old layout. I think in a way the timeline is quite nice and does have a nice modern feel to it however it does seem a bit messy in the layout. It does seem a bit "all over the place".

5. band

band
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most of my friends love it, but FBT is not my cup of tea, because use to familiar with old FB layout.

6. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The most annoying part, user does not stick to 1 layout, they keep switching to timeline and then return to old style. Personally, I prefer old style.

7. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do. As long as you know how to limit yourself and control yourself into using it. Some people just don't know how to make use of it and just add friends and other contact in their profile just for the sake of being popular, without actually knowing the risk of disclosing their profile information across the social network. No one can change your view on it, if you don't look at it as a professional medium for marketing or personal use, it's okay. Everyone has their opinions about FB. Well, in my personal opinion, FB is good cause I know how to handle my personal profile. I know who to accept as friend and not.

In business purposes or product marketing, I make use of the resources I can get from it at all and that I think it could benefit the site as well.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ThirdSEO

ThirdSEO
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google+ is the new Facebook. Simplicity always wins. You will start to see more people move to Google+ as Facebook becomes more complicated to use. I've already noticed a lot of businesses making the move to Google+ so it's only a matter of time before people start making personal accounts. Google just needs a little time to work out the bugs and make the user interface a little easier to use and then we'll start to see Google+ rise above the rest. Google will take over LinkedIn first, then Facebook next.

9. Krisz Rokk

Krisz Rokk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm OK with the new layout. Guess Fergal made a good point by saying
    "Sometimes a change from something we are used to can make us feel a little uncomfortable and then once we get used to it we realise that it has advantages over the original version. "

No changes were made on the FB Fanpage. This is the one I use more often. Yet, I'm open to future improvements :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Raptor

Raptor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I kind of like this idea. It looks cool in my opinion. I don't think facebook is trying to be particularly professional by this. I think this was more aimed to the personal side of facebook. I think that you don't have to do this is you don't want. There are still many people on the old version.

11. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I actually like Facebook Timeline. It has much more features. The only thing I don't like about it is it's a bit slower.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Alina Smith

Alina Smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,

I don't like FTB... I also agree that their will be very advance features in it... if one person switches to the FTB he is not allow to go back to older version....

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I didn't know that, glad you told us, as I was considering making a quick switch to the Timeline just to see what it was like.

14. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is pretty much true at all points. Personally, I didn't really like it seeing that my friend's profiles are hard to navigate.
    But once we are forced to use it in a later time, I wouldn't really mind as long as I can use Facebook.

15. manik

manik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

facebook timeline

I don't use time line. Some friens use this, but I don't like it.......

16. manik

manik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't like this. I don't support but some of my friends are using it in their facebook.

17. aanya

aanya
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes agree with you Manik....

18. stellaandreapark

stellaandreapark
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's my point. Got me confused the first time I saw it. I am still using the old format for my account.

19. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think I found a way to remove Facebook Timeline:

[video=youtube;AY02oqcUCv8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AY02oqcUCv8[/video]

• Like Like x 1
  20. Alan2011

Alan2011
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't like facebook too ,but i have a twitter account because i can learn something from there .