Exporting to China

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by speedingticket, Apr 3, 2012.

1. speedingticket

speedingticket
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So I have a few ideas on some products I would like to export to China. China is the largest overseas market and their consumers view our brands as a sign of high quality. I feel like being from California, wine would be an excellent product to export. What steps do you need to take in order to make this happen? Lets say you already:

1. got a wine and liquor license from the state
    2. Went to a winery and bought up some surplus wine
    3. Printed out you're own label that targets their consumers
    4.?

I do not have the funds to export the wine myself, or a contact over there who is interested in buying the wine. I just don't understand how to make this idea come to fruition.....

2. mandytan1211

mandytan1211
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First,could you tell me about your brand?
    second,you need to find a suitable partner in case of your expectation
    third,discuss with your partner about yours market plan,china market is a very large market,but if you want to be in big success,you have to do a lot of work for marking.

best regards
    kevin

3. newbodylife

newbodylife
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, China is a big market. Good luck!

4. gogreenbusiness

gogreenbusiness
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Exporting goods to China could be very feasible. However, i don't think Chinese market is as big as what you have in mind. Yeah there are a lot of people in China, but the competition in wine industry are huge as well. There are many very good wine makers in China and most of the time they are over supplied. I think only those rich Chinese locals will get interested with your product.

5. jcworlditsme

jcworlditsme
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the success of such a business would depend on the price of the wine that you were selling.

6. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i was station at China for a year when i was employee. What i can see is is that only two type of product is making money
    1. Cheap product - mostly the local product or those called as "fake" product
    2. luxury product - those well-known brand product like rolex, LV etc

if your wine is not branded wine, forget about it

7. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The fact that Chinese market is a very huge market that you are planning to target - and higher risk as well.

8. Ricky706

Ricky706
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good Plan Dear China is big market of wire , but local wire is in china available in low prices, so you face competition

9. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should try to research more on how the Wine Market is going on on China. Eventhough they have a really great share in the market, you should check it out if Chinese people like your wine. Then maybe talk to some investors there or business owners (probably Wine Sellers) to have your product sell there.

10. Bharat Book

Bharat Book
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Establishing cooperation with a local partner can allow you to have faster access into China’s market and with the local partner’s knowledge and experiences of China’s market, your success rate will be higher and goods can be better distributed.For small and medium sized companies, the best way to enter the China market is through a reputable or well-known agent or distributor.These companies are located regionally and typically have large sales network.Thus they will be able to have a better understanding of the China’s market and can provide assistance in developing distribution strategies in China and the region.In this way your new product will launch in market very rapidly..

11. vtjenny

vtjenny
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know red wine is very popular in china now and many people do the business of importing wine to the local to sell.
    but you should control the quality well.