Export Business

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Rick, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Rick

Rick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi guys,

I work at a large company where I sell fire protection domestically (Canada). I would like to start my own exporting business selling fire protection internationally to South America or Africa. As some of their fire regulations are becoming more strict I feel like there is going to be a huge demand for these products. I have only worked in sales and have no idea how I would even start my own company exporting these products (and my network is completely domestic). Any tips on how to start? Thanks in advance for all your help.

Rick.

2. Master

Master
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Where you are going to manufacture these products in Canada. If yes, then have you calculated the cost that would be involved in shipment. My opinion would be to first address this concern.

3. kitchie

kitchie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can post your products on amazon or other online shopping sites. And yeah master is right you need to know the cost for shipment.

4. Sonera_group

Sonera_group
    uix_expand uix_collapse

if you want to export your product in international market. first you are get help of B2B business site such as alibaba its provide online business platform to buy and sell your product online then build strong relation with online customers and you can easily do business with new and international customers.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ramona Vandusen

Ramona Vandusen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Opening a business is easy these days, but making it profitable is difficult. With the internet as the biggest competitor, clients are constantly being bombarded with cheaper prices cutting out our margins.
    Export businesses match domestic and foreign buyers and sellers of various products and commodities. Export companies typically have low overhead costs and lean business models, allowing them to reap sizable profits for a minimal investment. Sales, marketing and relationships are the crucial elements that can make or break a new export business, as is paying attention to all local legal issues.