Experiences with Vistaprint?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Missfortune81, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Missfortune81

Missfortune81
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm starting a soap and lotion business and need help making labels. I'm not good with design and was wondering if anyone has had experience with using Vistaprint for labels, business cards, etc? Their prices seem reasonable. Is there another avenue I should be exploring? Any advice on this would be great. I'm really new at this. Thanks.

2. Diane Lane

Diane Lane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've used them for business cards, and was pleased with the results. I paid around $10 or $15 for 500 cards, and I don't think you'll find a better deal. I haven't checked into them for labels or other packaging or advertising materials, but I will, when I'm ready for that. I've seen some posts lately that look as if they're having some sales, so it might be a good time to do it.

I've seen people listing tags and things like that on Etsy, so you could check there. The prices seem to be all over the place, from $5 and up. Zazzle might be another place to check, but as I said, I'm happy with Vistaprint, and will use them again.

3. 101ecommerce

101ecommerce
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have heard about vistaprint. they are famous for their quality of service. Its safe to purchase your labels from their e store.

4. P.Skinner

P.Skinner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Vistaprint advertises very aggressively so they tend to be the first to spring to mind. But I would suggest deciding what products you need and seriously comparison shopping. Not just places like Vistaprint and Moo, but also do it yourself options like Zazzle or Cafepress and "no name" online companies--and do not forget your local print shop because using them can eliminate shipping costs. And if you go in with your other quotes there is a good chance they will price match or better to get a local account, even a very small one.

If you work out the quality, size, and volume you need work out the full price--and do not forget to include shipping and that "special offers" will only apply to your first order to lock you in for pricey restocking orders. You are looking for a best price, long term provider.

You also want to try to use a service that allows you to download your templates so you can take them and use them in other places or swap to a different printer. This may seem like no big deal when you make your first order, but trust me it will become a big deal later if you use an online graphics program, get a result you really like, and are locked in from downloading it and have to start over from scratch.

5. Ted

Ted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've dealt with Vistaprint multiple times for various needs, mostly business cards.

The quality of their product is very high and the price is very low. I think you will be very happy if you give them a try.

They incentivize you heavily to try to upsell you additional things when you are buying one thing from them. You are trying to order business cards and they try to get you to also buy pens, magnets, postcards, letterhead, etc. That can be a bit annoying, but other than that, they are excellent in my opinion.

6. Savvy

Savvy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can find similar quality and prices on other online printing services or local printing services. With local printing services you can cut out the shipping cost. Not used them personally but their prices seem cheap. They currently have a 4.58 out of 5 stars BBB review if that helps.

7. P.Skinner

P.Skinner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Oh, I forgot to mention, set up your account there with a secondary email address. They will spam the heck out of you. I ended up spam-blocking their email as unsubscribing didn't seem to work and they were sending out mailings weekly.

8. david14beck

david14beck
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, of course its a fair deal, you should buy your business card from them after all its reasonable. also you can design your card on their website by your own.

9. 3dtech

3dtech
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thanks for informative this information.also you can design your card on their website by your own.

10. Dewlance

Dewlance
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am from India and I use local company and they do the same work at 40% cheaper price then vistaprint so I never try them. I only check their price but since I live in metro-city so there is a lot of local printing company.