expanding to ebay???? Sellling limits??

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by chrischronic, Oct 10, 2011.

1. chrischronic

uix_expand uix_collapse

Oct 10, 2011
    My family is the proud owner of gold shops in citys around thailand..
    we were recently told to expand our business to ebay.
    I decided to take the advice and registered with ebay. To my surprise our gold sold very fast.
    Well, that's where it ends. One sale 5 listings per month, of gold the first month, after the first sale 1 listing a month.
    one listing a month? one sale a month?.......you got to be kidding me.....surely there is exceptions to business's who want to expand. (not full gold.. Gold Plated)
    How am I supposed to expand our business to eBay when I can only list and sell 1 product a month.
    I called customer service and they told me that I had to wait a month and sell in other catagories.
    that would be ok but my business is gold products. I cant invest the time and money into selling other products when Ive been selling gold for the last 15 years.
    Surely you can contact ebay about your plan to expand your business. There has to be legal ways of verifying my business.
    well the customer service people have not helped me at all or given me any contact information.
    Not one person in customer support has been able to answer this question.

We are an established company that has been in business for over 15 years with 6 gold stores and 3 computer shops in citys around south east asia.
    i have been told nothing but good things about integrating my business with ebay, but not one person can help we with this 1 question about limiting sales of established businesses.
    If an established business wanted to integrate with ebay they would need to be able to sell there main product, without a limit.
    in what ways do you work with bigger established business's who are new to ebay and need to sell there product without small limits?

Does anyone have any advice on how to contact someone that actually can help ? Is this normal?

Im not going to keep investing time into taking pictures listing and selling on ebay if I cant sell my product.

Thank you all.

p.s. I hope this is understandable as my first language is Thai