expanding the busines to another city

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by daytrader, May 3, 2012.

1. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

if you are to expand your business to the next city, would you rather do it on your own and gradually start expanding or issue stocks to raise funds to start quickly the business expansion?

2. Navida

Navida
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You normally go for expansion when you have enough finance to expand your business and you are seeing your target market as great opportunity for your business. Some times you need more finance, then you have option to issue stocks to raise funds. But for that purpose your business should have strong background and goodwill to raise funds from public.

• Like Like x 1
  3. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well it depends if I have my own fund and it is good enough then I will expand it on my own.

4. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Issue stocks = issue money. If you like to share your business with others, issue stock is the ultimate way to grow a company.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Beside, issue stocks are way more effective to use when expanding your company, as well as attracting a business deal with other to help you grow more competent and have a stronger foundation in your market.

Regards,
    Alex

6. sallya121

sallya121
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you have enough funds ,you can expand your business in next city to have a try .If you can get the profit ,then you can make it larger .

7. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, it is more than just the fund but most likely in terms of resources that yo will need to comply and have to provide when moving out or expanding your business.

8. kimipatel

kimipatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If your Business is working good in your cities N you can recover all your profit. N you have to ability to Promote your business in other city. You have More money to spend on this. than you have to go for it....:thumbsup:

9. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wish I have lots of money to begin, I'm currently on trail and error to start with. My partner will operate in their area and will start to represent for me in the city. Hopefully we can negotiate a small space to rent.

10. Krisz Rokk

Krisz Rokk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both strategies work - it depends what niche / market you're in. Before expanding I'd do some thorough market research to see if you have a demand (of course there are ways to create demand as well but it's far more complex), do some checks about the target audience, competition etc. I've worked with companies who did extremely well in one city and quite bad in others due to poor research before expansion. It can save you loads of money.

11. gogreenbusiness

gogreenbusiness
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends on so many things... it will require some feasibility studies and several hours of market survielance. Great businesses always starts with a great plan. :)

12. diaze082

diaze082
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Business can be expanded in another business. Mainly it can be done using internet not only in a city even in the world. Another option is advertsing on Television.

13. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both way works, it just depend which you are prefer. It is same as "loan from bank" or "save money" to run the business. Both of them has own advantages and disadvantage

14. kailamilos

kailamilos
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Before starting a business, you have to make sure that you have enough funds. Starting a business is difficult enough, which is why you have to make sure that your finances is intact.