Exercise with chopsticks to Get Better Eye Vision

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by sunway0924, Jan 14, 2010.

1. sunway0924

sunway0924
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some members are interested in the eye exercises to relax eye stress when working long with computers.
    Here i share with you two famous eye exercises to get better eye vision in an effective way.

The first is carried out by a chopstick and a pencil. Place the pencil and chopstick at an angle, have your eyes travel along the stick in a horizontal direction to the intersection, then up to the pencil in the vertical direction, then do the opposite action, that is to make your eyes travel from the vertical pencil to the horizontal chopstick. After one complete travel, put the pencil closer to your nose and repeat the above action. Do the action several times. This is a good way to encourage good vision.

The second is carried out by two chopsticks. Hold one chopstick straight about 4 inches away and the other chopstick straight at arm’s length. Focus on the far chopstick and gradually slide it closer until it looks as if the near chopstick is split into two while the far one in coming to you. Then transform your view from the far chopstick to the near one in front of you. In that case you can also see the far chopstick is separated into two. Practice the looking far and near action repeatedly until you can see each chopstick clearly and feel as if each one is framed by vertical “gates”. If the eye exercise is perfectly done, you can realize that you have good eyesight. Even if you can not finish the work well at once, after practicing for several times, your eye vision must be enhanced in the end.

Besides the above well-known two eye exercise, there are other eye exercises taking effect, too, such as playing tennis and cricket. Imagination is also beneficial to eyesight by the way of make full use of memory and imagination to make any mental picture.

We can see the world clearly by both of our two eyes, and one eye can not work well. So a right use of two eyes is very important. A lot of people use only one eye to see the world, resulting in the decay of the unused eye. We learn to see after birth. If eyes do not see very often, they may form the habit of laziness and inactivity. Therefore, we should use both eyes in a proper way to get better eyesight. Practice the exercise after a long period, you may find you can see the world better than before without help of eyeglasses.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

They sound like useful exercises. I'm not sure that I can see or understand exactly what I'm looking to see what you describe as "vertical gates" in the second exercise. Could you please explain that a little more?

Are there any YouTube videos on eye exercises that you would recommend?

3. sunway0924

sunway0924
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well , you see both the near chopsticks and the far one can be seperated into two when practicing. The vertical gate are formed by the two unreal images of the two chopsticks- the far one's and the near one's.
    your eye vision willl be improved during the constant changes when having to focus on the objects with different distance.
    Here is a video clip you might be interested in Chiness eyeball massage
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpToCa__HDk

#3 sunway0924, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for the link to that video sunway0924, I will definitely try those. I appreciate all the tips you have given to me, for looking after my eyes and feel that my eyes have already improved a little, since I started putting them into practice.

5. johndale

johndale
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Cool new tips here. I bookmarked this thread so that if my eyes got tired I will just take a look again at the video.