ExchangePoint

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by Chris Grigg, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Chris Grigg

Chris Grigg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I forgot about my topic I had posted here and unfortunately, the topic is now over 40 days old. The forum has changed quite a bit since the last time I requested a review. I'm looking for some more ways that can improve our forum to make it more user-friendly. I would really appreciate everyone's opinions and ideas. Hopefully everyone here can help me out.

www.ExchangePoint.info

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I like the design of the site, it looks very professional. The main thing the forum needs is activity, as it stands it gives the appearance of an inactive forum and that makes it difficult to attract new members.

What I would suggest is that you merge some of your forum sections, so that each individual sections will then have more posts. You have nine forum sections split between the "Marketing" and "Search Engines" categories. BAF covers the topics in all of those nine forums, in a single forum called "Sales & Marketing + Online Promotion & SEO". I don't mean to suggest that we have got it 100%, because I know that we still have room for improvement. However, some of your forum sections only have 2 topics and that makes your forum appear unappealing to first time visitors. Merging some of your forums would be a good start, in overcoming that problem.

3. Chris Grigg

Chris Grigg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I will work on that. :) Thanks Fergal.

4. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First thing I noticed about your forum is the cool and awesome logo. It's designed simply but you can really see how professionally it looked like. In addition, it's good to see that you haven't forgot adding your site's favicon (most of the time, this was neglected).

Honestly, I agree with Fergal's comment on forum activity. Maybe you could hire some forum posters to jump start your forum until real and natural members come in. You could also open some posting or referral contests to populate the board. I also agree on the forum sections that's needed to be merged, even temporarily until you get more threads and posts.

From what I see, these are the sections that can be merged:
    *Maybe you can make Suggestions & Feedback can temporarily moved as a sub-section in News and Updates.
    *Moving Introductions as a sub-section for Community Lounge, so as Reviews (I think it's better than Reviewing) under Forum/Site Managing.
    *Sport and Gaming can be placed inside Media.

Hope my suggestions helped you.

5. Chris Grigg

Chris Grigg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank-you very much for those! I used every thing you said and changed what you said! They were helpful suggestions!

6. Justin

Justin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like it. Perhaps some kind of incentive to encourage people to sign up /welcome guest message would be nice. Asking unregistered guests to be staff members seems a bit much before you actually get involved with the forum and I think you could use this for a stronger call to action!

Personally I prefer sites to be centered in the browser but that is just me.

Would it be easy to get the drop down menus to drop down when you hover over them?

7. Chris Grigg

Chris Grigg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When you sign up, the same skin is available as "fixed" which is centered in the screen. ;) Also, the announcement is global saying that we are looking for staff. When you sign up, you can submit an application, but it's required to have at least 50 posts before hand.

On the other hand about the drop down menus, I am unsure. I will look for a modification for it.

8. rickyponting66

rickyponting66
    uix_expand uix_collapse

well, your site is good and attractive, i like the colour combination as well, but it would be quite great if you do a .com for that site, because it looks professional for forums and you need some active posters as well ;)

9. Chris Grigg

Chris Grigg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The .com domain is taken for the name, reasons why I bought the .info. I wish I could get ahold of the .com domain although. I'm doing the best I can to get active posters too.

10. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not sure if you checked, but you may be able to get into contact with the owner here: http://www.exchangepoint.com/contact.asp

11. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey Chris, your the logo is looking pretty good. It really explain your forum's name well. Other than that, nothing much good luck with it.