Every one is talking so positive about online work???

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by nansurabhi, Feb 23, 2008.

1. nansurabhi

nansurabhi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi guys, everyone is so positive about online work. I congratulate all the sucessful individuals who are doing online work on their own. Frankly speaking online work is full of scams I rate it upto 98% SCAM. I am sure many out here would have come across some scam companies. I request all the members who had bad experience(s) ,to post them here so that other hard working online friends will be aware of it and will thank one and all. Please don't don't blame companies without any proofs. I have come across many cases where people don't go through terms and conditions and blame the company or website and pass wrong comments out of frustration.
    I request members to post their experiences only if they have proper evidence to prove that the company is fraud. Let me start my self with my experience.

I have taken membership in a website WWW.SURVEYNEW.COM . I paid 99.95 usd for corporate membership. They gave many offers for that membership. Their payment mode was paypal . Just looking at the payment mode I took the account. it was on 30th of nov 2006. They sent me user name and password for the website. When I logged in it was mentioned that site is under huge maintanance and will get set right in few days and till then I can have a look at the list of survey companies and join them. Till date the message and the information is same on the site. They will give you proper response for your emails. But that is all they wil give you and nothing else.

PLEASE BE AWARE OF IT. To prove my point I have all the correspondence and all other details. And have a look at the site about their offers.

2. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for the warning.

The first red flag was that you paid to get in to it without receiving any real property, real books, fliers, brochures. This, 99.99% of the time, makes most people think scam, or ponzis.

I visited the site in your post. Another way to tell if a site is decent is to look at the status bar at the bottom left of your browser window. If you open that site notice that the graphics are hosted at freewebs and not the domain itself.

The third red flag is their notification of 'other' sites that are 'scams', then they open up a page full of google ads, hoping you will check out the 'scam sites' and give them the PPC value of the clicks. That is funny.

You should report them to google for most likely voilating their TOS, and contact all of the advertisers on that page that this site is calling a scam, I bet they would be happy to know that.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Nansurabhi sorry to hear that you got caught out like that. Pendelton has some very good suggestions as to what you can do to help ensure others do not get scammed like you do.

Did you inform PayPal of the scam in an effort to get your money back?

4. nansurabhi

nansurabhi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hey pendeltop thanks for the info. actually those were my early days in online work. no I do take care of all those things as u mentioned. but this info of your will definetly help new comers and protect them from these kind of traps.

5. vntutor

vntutor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you know another service?

6. BlueEew

BlueEew
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hmm I have been scammed once since being a webmaster. I was a newbie, however it still wasn't my fault. There are articles from genuine members out there exaplaining how to not get scammed.

7. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Still Blue, the best way is like what you mentioned in another thread, word of mouth from people with experience using the service, of any kind.