Ever Tried Mining Virtual Currency?

Discussion in 'Making Money Online' started by Redd, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Redd

Redd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've heard it said that mining virtual currency could be a great way to make money online.

This is how it works:

To verify bitcoin transactions a lot of computers must be connected in a single peer to peer network. From time to time anyone whose computer is used to verify these transactions will earn bitcoins or whatever cryptocurrency you are "mining." Yeah it's not much you'll earn but you hardly do anything.

Anyone here tried this?

2. fortunelister

fortunelister
    uix_expand uix_collapse

With the value of the bitcoin now compare two years ago it's not worth it,it's better to just get active on faucets
    than mining bitcoins

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Did you actually mean to say "faucets"? In any case, the point is a valid one. Bitcoins and other "virtual currencies" are too volatile to really make money reliably - it could all disappear faster than it took to accumulate it. Until "virtual currency" becomes more stable, the average investor should stay away from it.

4. Apollyon

Apollyon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I recall reading that at this stage, the electricity you'd use mining for Bitcoin would cost more than the actual Bitcoin. The bigger problem with virtual currencies is that sometimes the owner will "pre-mine" them, meaning that if it does get popular they have the most. There's too many out there, I'd stick with ones like Bitcoin and Dogecoin.

5. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Honestly, I am still not familiar with the whole concept of bitcoins and I still don't know how it works. So to answer your question, I have never tried mining virtual currency before. I think I have got to research more about it first.

6. kitchie

kitchie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I haven't tried bitcoin or anything similar to that, I don't think I have time to work on that kind of online job.