Evaluations??

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by sport552, Jan 12, 2012.

1. sport552

sport552
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do evaluations help with motivation?

2. D Alishouse

D Alishouse
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Evaluations can help with motivation when they are conducted with respect. Too often when evaluations are managed badly discontent with the company and even fear of losing ones job can be the result.

An evaluation shouldn't be a time of negativity but of honest review, goal setting and empowering employees of a company to move forward with integrity and a positive attitude.

3. Krisz Rokk

Krisz Rokk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Honesty + Integrity is imperative! I'd focus on strengths because they are the driving force within you.
    "If human beings are perceived as potentials rather than problems, as possessing strengths instead of weaknesses, as unlimited rather that dull and unresponsive, then they thrive and grow to their capabilities." - Barbara Bush

4. Zoomster

Zoomster
    uix_expand uix_collapse

5. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes they do - if and only if an evaluation is handled properly. If an evaluation is done, the need to both show a persons' positive and negative contributions to certain company goals may motivate them to do more and improve more on their current evaluation.

6. Klaus

Klaus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Of course they do. You have various motivation models and you need to evaluate so as to know where to focus. See the Guerrilla MBA videos at http://www.clickok.org/

7. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think so. Although not all people can see it as a motivation. In my experience, the more someone boss me around and always makes me the one who's always wrong, I make sure that I give him a reason 100x that I'm right. Self-Evaluations should be how you evaluate yourself as an employee and as a person. It shouldn't be about how others think about you because it's how you see yourself.