Ethics in business for commercial success.

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Katy, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Katy

Katy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have just finished reading book "The Right Thing" from Sally Bibb that is about ethical issues in business and how it can improve your company performance. It is one of those books that makes you think...
    Do you think that your company is ethical?

2. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would like to think that all companies start off with the intention of being ethical (in reality that is not the case). Personally I have to follow certain guidelines set out by the government, if I don't then I lose my license and potentially my business.

I have internal guidelines in place that mean I am happy to reject business if I do not feel that I would be able to deliver the work they require. I'd rather miss out on some work and do 100% when I do work than deliver shoddy work, this to me would be unethical.

3. Komputergeek

Komputergeek
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well doing business with ethics is really good but practically some occasions do not allow you to follow all ethics. So I believe that we should always try to follow all ethics as much as we can but should not criticize our self if we can not follow 1 or 2 due to some reason..

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The older I get the more ethical I become. Sadly some people are successful without being ethical, but for me it's much easier to be honest and transparent in your business dealings.

5. catpig

catpig
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No matter how much the company paid for the staff training, there still is unethical employee

6. Bharat Book

Bharat Book
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with this post.If we follow all ethics,and doing business in proper manner is benefited for our company.

7. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not all. You may not be aware but there are even those small things that companies tend to be unethical - certain issues that are not brought up and that the company has no other concern about it as it is only a small issue that they seem to see it not affecting much of the company.

Ethical companies start with complying with several rules that the government and other authorities implement.