English is not my native language. Is it make sense to make blog in English?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by elshaarawy, Feb 13, 2015.

1. elshaarawy

elshaarawy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Mostly this question to the people whos native language is English.
    I am making a blog in English, but this is not my native language. Of course, native americans or british will see many mistakes, wrong sentence structures, turns of phrase and etc. Then I have a question, whether it makes sense to make blog in English and try to monetize with Google AdSense or I will loose a lot of traffic due to my not excellent language. I can't estimate my English level, but I have website vdystonia.com. If it is not so difficult for you guys, check shortly my text on vdystonia.com. Is it bad or not? Is it make sense to make blog with such English level in order to monetize site in the future?

2. atlantisrocks

atlantisrocks
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Someone visiting a medical site (your site is about vegetative-vascular dystonia) expects a clear presentation of the disease, symptoms and potential cures. I would say that any language difficulties would cause someone to wonder if you were the medical expert they should rely on.

You have picked a disease that has little competition, which is good. But, that also probably means a very limited audience and little chance to make money from the site.

An alternative for you would be to have someone fluent in English rewrite your pages.

Or, you could simply write in your native language for people who speak your language.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Because your blog deals with a medical condition, whether you can monetize it may not be your biggest problem. The best case scenario would be that, as atlantisrocks pointed out, someone would question your level of expertise. The worst case scenario is that someone could read what you wrote and they make their condition worse because you wrote the wrong thing, or didn't clearly explain what you meant. For example, one page of the site mentions an "insufficient supply of tissues and organs of oxygen". reading that, one could wonder what "an insufficient supply of tissues" means, when the supply of tissues is not what they should be worrying about. And, by "organs of oxygen", did you mean "lungs"?
    On another page, you said "if your mother pregnancy was heart disease". I think I know what you meant, but I'm not sure, and I don't want to make the wrong conclusion.
    Going back to atlantisrocks's post, you should seriously consider having someone fluent in English rewrite your pages.

• Like Like x 1
  4. prestonp

prestonp
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No, no, no. Don't try to make medical blog, even when you English is equal to the level of Shakespeare. In case of specialize websites, i.e. website that deals with special topics like Law and Medical, Google are really really particular about them, specially because topics like these are really critical. I read this in papers leaked last year I think. Google has a team of trained people who browse websites like these to check the level of their authenticity and expertise. They manually check websites and those that have very low or zero expertise are flagged. Some of you might have heard about EAT: Expertise, Authority and Trust, the factors Google see in your website. Even if you are really good in English, but not expert in the topic, there are slim chances of your website ranking on search engine and if your site cannot rank, adsense will not be much useful

Read this : http://searchenginewatch.com/sew/ne...idelines-now-reward-expertise-authority-trust

• Like Like x 1
  5. elshaarawy

elshaarawy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks. Well, my website at now on the first position by request 'how to earn vegetative vascular dystonia' and in top 5 by request 'vegetative vascular dystonia'.
    How do you think, EAT can applies to my site later or if I have already first positions during months, I should not worry about it?
    And If i put Google AdSense, can i banned if there a some misleading info on my site? (PS: I am sure the info is correct)

6. mishraraj2603

mishraraj2603
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think writing blog in English it make sence because most of the people prefer english content, also to be rank you need quality and proper english grammar relevant title & description.

7. Tedel

Tedel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can find very good proofreaders on Fiverr. Pay for proofreading first and then publish. That should help you sort out the language barrier more comfortably.

8. Ethan2

Ethan2
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my opinion you can hire a copy writer for your site. Great content, great customers to your site too. Grammar and spelling mistake in a public post is not acceptable

9. Kevin Peter

Kevin Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Why don't you hire someone worth it? Who has got the medical background and good at writing might help you speed up you're blog.