English Communication - How would I become fluent in English?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by harvestllc, Jul 16, 2012.

1. harvestllc

harvestllc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How would I become fluent in English?

2. StewardHill

StewardHill
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Read English books. Use the Language. Instead of following subtitles, listen to what they say in the movie and try to translate it yourself. Find someone with whom you can talk in English...There are plenty of ways of learning how to be fluent in any language. The most important thing is - Use the Language. Every day. Your brain needs to get accustomed to think in English...
    These things you can do on your own and can help you a great deal...

Or you can visit some classes. That might work as well :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. kimipatel

kimipatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For English Yup.. Read lots of books, Stories News paper. All are best for English speaking. And also classes help's you.. my English also not so good.. But after i joined classes My English become good now.. But i am sill trying to improve my English.... So don't worry Try above things it will helps you......

4. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would recommend you to read a lot of English books, and talking to people in English - if that is possible. Practice also talking in English and probably try watching more English movies. :)

5. Arro12

Arro12
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Rosetta stone has a great program. It helped me polish up my Spanish for business.

6. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To learn a new language it require environment to practice and lifestyle adjustment. When I begin learning English, I change from an admin work to sales job, from there I get a chances to practice my English. Office practice is only limit on 8-10 hours, to learn more it is important to adjust our lifestyle:

1. watch - English movie
    2. read - English book, magazine, newspaper, blog..
    3. listen - English FM channel and music.
    4. Writing - Write letter to Pen-pal in English; participate forum, social media sharing and blogging in English
    5. Talk - Get as many chances to talk.

Tool: dictionary app, translator tool, game and learning app

• Like Like x 2
  7. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I imagine you'd become fluent in English the way people learn any other language. Buy a [your language here] - English Dictionary, listen to English Audio Tapes(that teach you how to speak English), etc.

8. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When reading books... You should read it out loud. So you can know how it is properly pronounced. You can also talk to people in English. Try talking to someone you know that only speaks English. You will definitely be forced to speak English. Watching movies and hearing a song can also help people to be aware on how they use their words.

9. Dean

Dean
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends on how much free time you have to spare, how much you have to spend and also how committed you are to learning the language.

Parallel texts can be useful. If you have time you can download one of the many free eBooks from project Gutenberg, you should also find the same book in your native language. You can also listen to a reading of the book. What I could suggest to an Italian learning English is a classic like Alice in Wonderland. Almost everyone is familiar with the story and it is completely free to download.

First step would be to go here. Then find the book in Italian here.

Another alternative is to find a good mother tongue teacher online and work through Skype. It will cost but it will guarantee practise in the language.

• Like Like x 1
  10. manojagadi

manojagadi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to my opinion, By Practicing makes the person fluent in English.

11. robertyoung

robertyoung
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best way to learn the English language is by reading. First, you have to know the basics and you can buy a book that will teach you that. After that, you just have to read and watch English movies and you will learn automatically.

12. Sprinkles

Sprinkles
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Read English novels and watch English movies

13. alexdisuza

alexdisuza
    uix_expand uix_collapse

By communicating with people in English makes you fluent in English.

14. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should firstly go for a dictionary,try to read and understand new words from it.Then read news papers which do not have tough english like Hitavada,then go for small novels.First prefer Indian writers then go for other novelists.

15. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Try communicate to the people who are born English or are from USA. The accent may be different though. You need to speak English much ore with your friends. Watch good English movies. Always have a dictionary in your pocket. Some classes like IELTS and TOEFL can be helpful.

16. thealchemist

thealchemist
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

There are a TON of website that teach people how to speak many different languages. Just do a quick internet search and you might be surprised by what you find. I'm just curious though, if you can't speak english, how are you reading these replies?

17. crater

crater
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You will increase your skills in foreign language by reading books written in that language and watching movies and listening to music in that language. You can also talk to people who are native speakers in their own language. It takes time to become fluent in any language.

18. Timsmith

Timsmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should read english newspaper and also watch english movies but the main point is the atmostphere where you speak in english with other persons.

19. janecristy

janecristy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Watch English movies, listen English songs, and watch English interviews on Youtube, tv channels... Try to adopt native English accent for speaking the language for communication which is quite different for American English and British English. This you can only learn from a person whose mother tongue is English, i think.

20. nishantraj

nishantraj
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its a famous proverb that "Practice makes a man perfect". If you want to be fluent in English then always think about English. Read and hear English news paper and channels so that be familiar with new words and the words in regular use. Do more and more practice.