Employee hours and attendance tracking

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by godspeed, Oct 24, 2012.

1. godspeed

uix_expand uix_collapse

Oct 24, 2012
    I guess I dont expect to get a ton of advice on this subject because in the many searches I have done online, I cannot find good information on it but let me begin.

I have six salary employees who obviously do not "clock in" like the six hourly paid employees. We are a small business so I try to keep things light. We have an employee manual with states the amount of days that each employee is allow off per year based on the time they have been employed. Example. Any employee who has been with the company for 1 year or more gets 5 paid days off. 2 plus years gets 10 days off. These days are not just called vacation days. They can be used for vacation, sick or personal. In addition to these personal days, each is paid for holidays such as Christmas, New Years, Labor Day, etc., etc. for a total of about 10 days per year.

The problem I have is that many of them are always over their alloted time. Not just in days but one example is an employee who is always needing to leave early. I started tracking days and hours off about a year ago and I have some that are at over 60 hours (7.5 days) over their alloted time. Then when they request more time off I mention that they are out of time off and they dont believe it and done believe I tracked it right.

So my question: Is there a good online/clound based software recommendation for tracking employees? Ideally, they would each log into the system when they arrived at work and logged out when they left. Then they and myself could see a running total of the personal hours (not days) that they were not actually at work?

Thank you.
  2. GeekGhost

uix_expand uix_collapse

Oct 5, 2012

You may want to take a look at http://www.paylocity.com/

I've heard some pretty great things and we as well are looking further in to implementing it.