Email

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Cadi1954, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Cadi1954

Cadi1954
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If businesses emails are public, is it spamming to email them without calling them first?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Cadi1954 I would say it depends. If a business posts an email for their customers to contact them for further support and you harvest those emails and send out a promotional email to them all, I would consider that spam. However, if a business publishes a general email on their website and you send them an individual personalised email regarding a service that you feel could genuinely help them, I personally wouldn't consider that spam.

Can you please provide a little more detail as to what you want to do?

3. Grumpy

Grumpy
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

You most definitely don't have to call them before emailing. They provide email for those who don't wish to call them. However if you're spamming them with services or adding them to a mailing list, then yes, it would be considered email spam.

4. Cadi1954

Cadi1954
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm an independent rep for a video communication company and I want to introduce my company to them. I want to collect their emails from their sites or from public magazines.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That sounds OK Cadi1954, has your question been answered or do you require additional information?

6. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

well, it should be fine. it same as people putting flyer into your mailbox without giving call to you. As long as your service might benefit or suit for them, go ahead.