Email Reminders

Discussion in 'Making Money Online' started by Redd, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Redd

Redd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Many online marketers will want to at least get those who land on their websites to enter an email address somewhere so that in case those web visitors fail to "swallow the bait" so to say, they can still in future try to get them to buy something being promoted, upgrade [their] membership somewhere and so on.

Should your prospects think that you are trying to nag them, they could mark you emails or block your emails. So, how many email reminders should you send? 3, 6, 10?

2. pwarbi

pwarbi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When it comes to email reminders, if you want to call them that, I think a maximum of three is an adequate amount. People might have given their email address freely, but at the same time they don't want to be inundated with emails on a daily basis.

On some sites it's hard work to actually try and unsubscribe from an address list so you'll find they'll just block your email all together.

I'd rather somebody unsubscribe the proper way, because then at least theirs a chance that they may come back to your site. If they block you completely, there's a good chance that customer will have gone for good.

3. kaian

kaian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I had signed up blindly before online and did not expect some email to inundate my mailbox. One or two email is tolerable but more than that you will be marked as spam and see you on that folder. I know what I want and I know what I came for in your site so stop flooding my inbox with your nonsense. That is me talking as a customer.

People are smart enough to tell which one to focus on which one to keep and which one to flag

4. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I rarely receive email reminders but of late, one such reminder is about my account in a website that I was not activating anymore. I guess it is just okay for a reminder. Besides, the email indicates a warning that my account would be deleted if it remains inactive for 1 month. But if that warning would be resent to my inbox for several times, I would probably freak out and delete my account in their site.

5. Damien Lee

Damien Lee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's best to keep reminders to a minimum. These days, online users are both very savvy and have severe time constraints. You need to respect that and not be too pushy otherwise there's no possibility that you can lure them. It's best to work on your offer to ensure that it's relevant to your audience's needs. I always delete email reminders that are sent too often, at times they will even end up in my spam folder if I feel that the sender is pushing their luck.

6. m0n2k

m0n2k
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One a week should be enough you don't want to spam people. If your too pushy with your approach people won't see the value in what your selling. The idea is to just do it every now and then. I wouldn't over do it because you could loose a potential customer that way. Over all just make it one message a week.

7. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think one email reminder is enough. It's up to them if they will choose to ignore the email that has been sent on their account.

8. alastairbrian

alastairbrian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sending too much email reminders ofcourse damage your business prospects. Sending 1 or 2 reminders after week are just enough.