Email marketing tips for 2009

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Kay, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I thought this would be useful for anyone who uses this marketing technique.

Read the rest of the list

2. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't know why every time I see or hear the words email marketing, the first thing that comes to my mind is spam. I think it's the fault of all these fraudulent marketing people who always spam my inbox.

Anyway, those are nice New Year's resolutions by Campaigner. Resolution #1 of cleaning their mailing list is a good thing to do on their part. People who unsubscribed from their service would at least be thankful to them.

3. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

email marketing & online marketing is used often ..is there any significant difference between two???
    How the email campaign is organized!!!
    I don't think this can be possible unless until you have a database of your customers...
    Or to talk about spams..email list can be on sale or can be hacked!!!!!
    I s there is another way possible!!!

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Scifi, online marketing refers to any marketing on the web, including for example having a simple brochure website. Email marketing refers to promoting your product or service through email communication. It is very important that you only contact people who have given you permission to use their email, anything else is SPAM.

There are some very helpful online services that can help you with managing your email list and your email communications, such as Constant Contact.

5. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Then I guess Email Marketing should be a type of online marketing!!!
    Well, I may sound little bit radical but the fact is that marketers have made this email marketing lost it's true significance & lustre by sending too much spams..
    People infact give no or little importance to such email marketing efforts as a consequence of all these spams!!!

6. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, email marketing should be categorized under online marketing Scifi. It's actually the fault of spammers and so-called marketing gurus who abuse the information they've acquired - in this case, our email addresses, by sending all these spams. Most of them would also sell our email addresses to other spammers.

I'd have to agree with Fergal that email marketing should only be used for our existing customers. Anyone who has unsubscribed, should be immediately removed from our mailing list.