Email Marketing Help

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by ghel2010, May 30, 2010.

1. ghel2010

ghel2010
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,

I am new here. I need your advice on email marketing. I am thinking of starting an online email marketing business. I don't know much about it. All i know that I need some sort of software for it plus I need to buy opt-in emails. I don't want just mails and I hate spam as much as you all do. If anyone here knows how to start an email marketing services please help me. I thank you in advance. How much budget do I need to start an email marketing? :confused:

2. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What makes you want to start this type of business if you do not know much about it?

3. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I was thinking the same thing, sean.

You have to be very careful too ghel2010, given the CAN-SPAM Act.

It would be wise to familiarize yourself with the CAN-SPAM legislation first before embarking on such a business.

4. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The proper way for the email marketing, normally people are using autoresponder. This software will helps to send your email to the user who already "subscribe" your website and let them know the latest product/information. There are many autoresponder are available in the market, the price is less than USD100 per year. Try to get a trail use before purchase it

finally, it is great to heard that you are not the one who buying tons of email address and send out email to all of them.

5. diagurzula

diagurzula
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Email marketing means use of email in marketing communications. Sending emails designed to encourage customer loyalty and enhance the customer relationship. Placing your marketing messages or advertisements in emails sent by other people.

6. flora

flora
    uix_expand uix_collapse

E-Mail Marketing Tips:

Get Permission - offer something of value like discounts
    Build a Targeted Mailing List
    Work with a Clean, Targeted Database
    Tell a story

7. jeanned10

jeanned10
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Email marketing business is good if you can understand the every bit of it, otherwise it can hit you badly. In email marketing there are few things that can frustrate you over the period of time like spam, bounce back mails, undelivered messages, database management, database cleaning, email blacklisting and all. There are few third party services which are in the market like interecm.com. Best of luck for your business.

Regards
    Jeanne Dove

8. Tecknowoman

Tecknowoman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm with Sean and Kay what makes you want to start a business in an area you don't know. For some good email marketing information check out the great resources at an auto responder service like Aweber to learn more about it first.

9. hailin

hailin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

for me,I never use some softwares to do email marketing at a time.I just find some effective emails of comanies from google or some b2b sites.and I clarify those companies into different kinds of business.then I make drafts about the willingness of establishing business relationship with them then put my links of sites I promote.
    in my point of view,if I send emails to many of companies at one time,they will treat me as a spammer and delete my mail without seeing.I never wanna be a spammer,that will make my efforts be in vain.
    hope my advive can help u a little.

10. streetgemini

streetgemini
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nowadays, people most often have been using autoresponder as the best way for email marketing. Updates on latest products are given to registered members with this software.

11. mangoxchange

mangoxchange
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes. I agree autoreply message really help

12. Alexishost

Alexishost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

do you know?ghel2010,
    YOu can private lable aweber services. Just contact them.
    As simple as that.

13. hcted

hcted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is great! I love it! I use newsletters to deliver updates on my site, press releases, and coupon codes for services. It is great because on my order form I have a linked question mark so people click it and it brings them to a Coupon Codes info page telling them if you subscribe you may get coupon codes in the newsletter.

Great tool :D

14. shivangi

shivangi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Email Marketing is an extremely powerful marketing tool. Email is valued by users for timely, rich and enticing information and advertisements. Email is a very versatile medium. Formats range from simple text to HTML & rich media. Content can be one-size-fits-all or highly customized. Frequency can consist of fixed, frequent intervals or periodic intervals, with transmissions occurring only when something newsworthy comes along.

Email Marketing is not Expensive

Email marketing is an affordable way to stretch a tight marketing budget. Unlike direct mail, there is virtually no production, materials or postage expense. Email marketing is 20 times more cost effective than direct mail, and can cost as little as fractions of a penny per email.

There are Web based email marketing products for small and medium businesses. Most include professional HTML templates, list segmentation and targeting capabilities, as well as, automatic tracking and reporting.

Email marketing gives your brand an edge in a tough market. Daily, weekly, or even monthly emails will keep your brand in your target consumer’s mind. As more and more of the population begin to use email, internet email marketing will become a standard in the marketing industry.

It's also worth nothing that email marketing can assist your Search Engine Optimization efforts and strategic link building.

there are many sites which will give you detailed info about email marketing business,
    you can take a look at:

http://www.summitsoftcorp.com/market...solutions.html
    http://www.macwareinc.com/products/E.../overview.html
    http://www.fintel.us/customers/Priva...usinesses.html

15. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What are you confused about?

16. Pure360

Pure360
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social Media and Email Marketing

Don't forget that links that help your recipients to share the content that is in your messages is very timely and can increase the audience and potentially new sign ups too

17. yourmapmaker

yourmapmaker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sorry I had to laugh. Very good point. Anyway the in and outs of why and issues with it have been covered. If you do want to try it I recommed using mailchimp. Just google it. You can get a free account and test it out. You can track bounces, opens and clicks to your site which is a must for any type of newsletter campaign. There are lots of others but I've personally used that one.

But as has been covered, no one likes spam so be careful

Regards

18. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my opinion if you are going to do an email marketing through the software or some bot most of your efforts will end giving you no result. Why? Because most of the people are using yahoo, gmail or hotmail loaded with the powerful spam protector so may be the spam filter will recognize the mail as a spam and throw it into the junk folder which the user will not bother to open.
    Even if the mail pass from the spam filter get into the inbox, user open it he feel it like a spam he will click on report spam and your address moves to the spam database. Before starting the email marketing business you should keep these things and factors in your mind.