Email Marketing and SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by MBA Trainer, Jan 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MBA Trainer

MBA Trainer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am near to launching my new website in February 2015. First, I want to go for email marketing and will also use HTML and links in my email. My email will be sent to thousands of people in days and, hopefully, too much traffic will instantly arrive at my site. Will this marketing strategy effect my SEO work?

#1 MBA Trainer, Jan 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2015
  2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Many businesses use different methods to reach their potential customers or clients, including both SEO and email. I do think you're setting yoursself up for a lot of disappointment if you think "too much traffic will instantly arrive at my site". I don't want to discourage you, as you may get enough traffic to make your marketing financially feasible. I just don't want you to think that if you send out thousands of emails, you will instantly get thousands of visitors - it doesn't work that way.
    As far as SEO is concerned, Google and the other search engines do not crawl emails, so links in your emails will have no effect on your SEO, either good or bad.

3. prestonp

prestonp
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The links in emails won't affect SEO directly. But, let's say, if there is any traffic flowing from emails (if you are lucky) and that traffic has low bounce rate (meaning high engagement rate) it will indirectly affect your SEO since Search Engines also monitor bounce rate to get an idea if the user was able to find the content he was looking for (meaning was it relevant or was he delivered what was promised?). This still will not have any significant influence on your ranking.

You shouldn't be using email marketing for seo, but for distributing your content or if you are offering something really good.

Here is an advice. Use email marketing like you use ppc, that is, create a separate landing page and run an email marketing campaign by targeting emails in your target market. OR Make newsletter feature and email whenever new content is available on your site.

Email Marketing is not a bad idea, but as Joeroxx said, it just has low engagement rate, unless you have a really great offer and you are a well known publisher.

4. Hirenpatel

Hirenpatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It will not affect your seo work. It will be good idea to spend on PPC than email marketing. It is also a good marketing strategy and can have the conversion rate up to 6%. I want to say all the best.

5. guptaabhijit318

guptaabhijit318
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to me, today email marketing not so helpful in SEO. I suggest you to do the other things like blog comment and social media optimization to get traffic for your website. Hope it will be helpful for you.

#5 guptaabhijit318, Jan 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2015
  6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

You are correct - email marketing does not help SEO, it is merely another form of marketing used to reach potential clients/customers. Unfortunately you're wrong about blog comments and forum posts - they don't help SEO either.

7. Melissa Feeney

Melissa Feeney
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I completely agree with you, Email marketing is not an effective technique to increase the traffic and ranking. And as suggested by you, there are other various factors also like social media optimization, but Blog Comment contributed very less in this process.

#7 Melissa Feeney, Jan 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2015
  8. simonwalker

simonwalker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Traffic does helps to improve website credibility and more credible the website is the better will be the ranks. Just make sure properly plan your email marketing campaign as poorly planned may leads to high website bounce rate.

9. john14

john14
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It won't effect your SEO by the way but you can use SMS Marketing which is also very popular nowadays with email marketing.. As SEO will take time so better to test PPC also

10. Komal

Komal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Email marketing is very good to generate your website traffic.

But you need to follow "Email marketing optimization tips" like Email Service Provider, Create text version email, Nurture your leads, landing page, Personalization & Content, Add Social Media links.

11. Kevin Peter

Kevin Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Are your sending emails to opt-in contacts?
    Are they you're existing customers?

Blindly blasting emails to a list will get your credibility down and does not fetch you anything. Your domain might get spammed. It will be blacklisted. So, why do you want to tangle yourself into this well before you start off with your fresh idea - the business?

12. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

This thread is now closed. If you have something new to add, PM me and I'll re-open it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.