Effective communication can save lives

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by CommunicateWell, Oct 30, 2009.

1. CommunicateWell

CommunicateWell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Effective communication in nursing is very important because it could be the difference between life and death and it has been shown to help patients recover by relieving their stress.

Nurses who listen and respond positively to their patients' quarries and concerns can certainly help in the treatment and recovery process so effective communication in nursing is defined as being able to elicit and give positive responses to satisfy the patients.

Effective communication in this case is not limited to verbal cues. Body language usually gives more information and satisfaction.

2. shubh

shubh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good post. I have seen many times that in most of the hospitals patients bear mental stresses and worries because nursing staff don't convince them about their well being. I support your idea that nursing staff should be more communicative and friendly.

3. unleashed

unleashed
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, definitely. Even in business, if you have the power to persuade while talking, you can make great profits. Nicely written post. Good work!

4. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Quarries are animals that are being hunted, like a hunter pursuing a deer. The deer is the quarry. The word you need is queries.

5. CommunicateWell

CommunicateWell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, You're right. Sorry for this written slip.

6. johndale

johndale
    uix_expand uix_collapse

And a good tone of voice on your communication can lead to a long-term relationship whether in family, career or business relations. It's how you say things too.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Very true johndale, how you say something is even more important than what you say. Research has shown that the words you actually say, only account for a small percentage of the message you communicate. Other factors include your body language and your tone of voice. To be honest I'm not sure how much I agree with this research but we should never underestimate the impact our non-verbal communication has on the message we are communicating.

8. dipcliper

dipcliper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

that's really good!effective communication can actually save lives..like on hostage taking if the police communicates well life will be saved and also if you communicate with your kid well his life will be good as well saved from future problems:)

9. olivia751

olivia751
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,

Nice post here about the communication.I also think that good communication skills is very important in every field either you are in any business or in any other profession. But with a good communication skill you also need a good voice and manner of dealing of people. If you have a good communication skills but you don't know how to deal with the people then what will you do with you skills.

Regards,
    Olivia

10. augest

augest
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is quite true that communication skill is very important in any field especially for nurses and doctors.

11. imelda

imelda
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Importance of Non Verbal Cues

Your post reminded me of the time (long ago) I gave birth to my twin boys and the nurse next to me was just holding my hand. She didn't say much with her words, but her hand spoke volumes to me. It told me to not be afraid and to be strong, it told me that she was there to help and that everything would be all right.

I cannot really describe it but I just know that it was so comforting that the memory stuck with me to this day.

The importance of non verbal communication in nursing cannot be over emphasized.

Imelda

12. jjaysonn42

jjaysonn42
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Obviously true. containing very practical experiences . It's alltime beneficial for all. Thanks a lot...............:)

13. lentrepot

lentrepot
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Having someone who will listen to your queries about your health status can help a lot to patients to ease some of their dilemmas. I fully salute nurses who is very friendly and has a heart for their patients. :)

14. laaronblase

laaronblase
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes definitely if your communication skill is very good then effects very well on the other. And it makes good impact on other and it helps to get profiits in your business and other things.