Effciency & Creative Consulting; is it different?

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by Chrisj0401, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Chrisj0401

Chrisj0401
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As many of you may know, I'm struggling for nice cash flow of income and I'm a very creative guy, but I can't afford to start up my for-profit company, or at least at the level I need it to be right away, so I was thinking a part time business until that time would give me some cash flow that I need in mean time... such as I think, I'm very naturally efficient/effective and creative person, not to any specific situation or industries, just an every natural skill I tend to have whenever I just walk or drive, I see inefficiencies and boom my creative mind kicks in and gives me ideas on how to make them more efficient and effective, and I don't even try at all, it just comes.

So what you guys think, is it different, unique, potential to gain at least a decent cash flow for my goals, or even potential to be extremely profitable? I don't see a whole lot of overhead or investing in offering consulting services than to my other business ideas I got in line. I know I could go into any environment and automatically see inefficiencies, but of course if I knew the market or type of environment with specialized research like warehouses or retail stores, it could be better, but I just want to provide the basics, or even specialized consulting in some areas that I already specialize or have a great deal of knowledge of certain industries.

What I would do as a consultant in this area, is ether watch surveillance cameras of an environment and watch them for a few hours, or less/more and start jotting down ideas on how to be more efficient, in any environment. And if they don't have cameras I'd watch in person or install my own temporary surveillance (at clients expense).

I know to be as efficient as possible you to think very creatively, outside the box, and the big picture thinking style, that's me, and naturally, not forced.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Chrisj0401 you could offer a service that helps businesses to reduce their costs. If you are confident in your ability to save money for your client companies you could consider offering the service for a fee based on a percentage of the money you save your client companies. Do you have business / management experience?

3. Chrisj0401

Chrisj0401
    uix_expand uix_collapse

just my own business in retail (which I decided to not do anymore) , and very little, but I've completed some college business courses.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Chrisj0401 you could start offering and promoting your consultancy services locally. See how it works out as regards getting some clients and tweak what you are doing as you go along, until you discover what works for your business. It might also be an idea to offer your services free of charge to some local charity based organisations. This will help build your profile in your area, give you some client testimonials and direct experience under your belt.

How does that sound?

5. Chrisj0401

Chrisj0401
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yea that was my plans, do it as my photography career, offer a lot of free work to build a good set portfolio and to help develop a set and stable system of style of work.