ecommerce solution

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by stella123, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stella123

stella123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi.....
    i am planning to start up a business in UK, require some inputs regarding the software solution which can reduce my inventory cost, transportation cost, and billing cost. software should able to integrate with all other solutions and channels. if it is more flexible in use and can make customization as per my requirement it is well and good.

Thanks in advance

#1 stella123, Sep 23, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  2. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For eCommerce solution, you can get Joomla or Magneto. it is open source so you could get more reference on module customization.

3. SSLMatrix

SSLMatrix
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Dear stella123,

After complete your store do not ignore to install SSL Certificate because your site security gain customer confidence.

Regards.

4. saima

saima
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi stella123....
    you specified some particular requirement like, your overall cost should come down, and software should be more flexible. i would suggest you to try for 'Nichesuite' eCommerce. As my friend experienced a best service from it. and he is more impressed by features, flexibility and user-friendliness of it.
    more details visit www.nichesuite.com

5. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would suggest you checking this thread out right here - http://www.businessadviceforum.com/...great-E-Commerce?p=23157&viewfull=1#post23157

You should check those sites as they would help you in building up a good eCommerce site. Please let us know if you need further help.

I have tried Magneto and it seems good but I would like to know more about Joomla as an eCommerce site.

• Like Like x 1
  6. michealborow1

michealborow1
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

The recent Google algorithm update has meant the need for an ecommerce solution to have a social presence is now a necessity. There is now huge traffic and potential customers on social network sites such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. The ecommerce software must have the ability to link into these sites and interact with their customers. Having sharing buttons on the ecommerce solution so that customers can spread the word on your behalf to their friends and colleagues is a priceless marketing tool and is so simple to incorporate.

7. Kristine

Kristine
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are planning to run a Magento store, why don't you go to magestore.com for the best solutions? There are a lot of great extensions and templates that improve functions as well as image of your online store. They will ensure to help your site stand out from other competitors let alone what products you are selling. :$$:

8. smartkathy

smartkathy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,
    I do agree with you. I also suggest to Joomla or Magneto for best eCommerce solution.

9. Productdesign

Productdesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Use magento along with some plugins for product management. Magento is the best option available.

10. printsnpaints

printsnpaints
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Are you talking of a supply chain software or a third party logistics? There are actually a lot of supply chain softwares out there. And if you want a cut in your cost of transportation and other logistics-related needs, I suggest you contact a third party logistics services provider.

11. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Shopping cart software encompasses many aspects of online stores, including setting up inventory, managing orders from customers, delivery of products, and customer service. Choosing an eCommerce solution is a difficult process many different options exist, including open source, licensed, and hosted solutions. Determine which eCommerce solution is right for your business, instead of allowing the solution to determine your business model.

Magento is my personal choice and I use it for my client works. Its the second largest software in world of eCommerce solution. Its released under GPL and you can download it free. Its community is still growing and recently the official extensions repository crossed the number of 2000 extensions. Its quite capable of producing a Small e-commerce solution in a very sort time (considering the developer knows how to do that), and on the contrary are designed to produce large scale, comprehensive, feature enriched large online commerce site.

• Like Like x 1
  12. chris_b

chris_b
    uix_expand uix_collapse

in my opinion magento is the best choice for you because a lot of people using it that makes it the most used software.

13. rosstaylor

rosstaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you should try the Joomla or Magneto because both sites provide a good ecommerce solution.

14. Thanoz

Thanoz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Magento is OVER-demanding, even VPS for a start is a little. For magento you need semi-or dedicated server which explodes the start cost.
    In my opinion, Go with prestashop. Has very good payment gateway modules, price +/- VAT modules, calculation of package weight and delivery rates etc. You still pay but can go with a VPS.
    NOTE: Never go on shared hosting for eCommerce programs. You can run them but there are times they explode the CPU Usage which can get you kicked from usual shared hosting at NO time, and have your business in the air..

15. Arro12

Arro12
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Completely agree with the Magneto application for ecommerce. It's highly flexible.

16. Gomage

Gomage
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Magento is reliable, flexible, customizable, easily adapted open-source platform; it has really good support and tutorials. But your business size is a very important factor. Magento is the best for medium and large business. Anyway even if your business is small now, one day it will come medium or large. So it would be better to develop a good online store once and from the very beginning.

17. Choice Checks

Choice Checks
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm using 3dcart for my eCommerce solution and wouldn't change for nothing. Great customer service. Always updating their software. Excellent up time vs other companies. Great templates to use, and you can edit them as well. Alot of business features that would be essential for everyone.

18. smartkathy

smartkathy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

Yes, I do agree with you. Magento is the best for eCommerce solution.

19. Marius081

Marius081
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've seen suggestions related to Joomla for e-commerce.... this is an incomplete information as Joomla itself is like wordpress, just a Content Management System.

To use Joomla as e-commerce site, you need to add an extension (free or paid) which is adding online shop features.

I've been using Joomla as online shop staring to 2005 and I would recommend you 2 options:

- FREE - Joomla + Virtuemart cart (very good for an average online shop - do not exceed few hundreds products)
    - PAID - Joomla + Aceshop (gives OpenCart functions and more for Joomla which a very good combination) This is my favorite for speed and SEO.

If your business is "strong" enough and you rely on world wide internet presence you should go to Magento for sure.

20. askpreeti

askpreeti
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ok how much is the generally cost to install SSL certificate and how it is done?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.