eBook Price

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by RestOwner, Jul 9, 2010.

1. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If I want to create and sell an eBook, what can be the best price to sell it for?
    Anyone know the average price for a selling eBook?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

It really depends on the quality and niche of the ebook. A lot of ebooks sell for around $7 but the price ranges from about $1 to $100 and even more. What niche will the ebook be in? What will the quality of the information and content be like?

Really you will be trying to sell it at a price that maximises your profit. You will need to take a view as to what your customers would be prepared to pay for the ebook. The design of your sales page and the quality of the copy (i.e. the text on the sales page) that you use to sell the book will also have a major impact on people's perceived value of the book, and hence what they are prepared to pay for it.

3. realitybites.in

realitybites.in
    uix_expand uix_collapse

it depends on which market you are targeting
    if u targeting country like India ..then u should price 1$ to 2$
    the same ebook which cost $25 to $40 ..in Indian we get hard copy anywhere between $5 to $10
    and if plaing to sell on ebook on dp or other forum price it @ $5 to $20

4. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the more price you keep the hard it is too sell. But, it always depends upon the quality of it. If you have a great quality ebook then the prices should be above $30.

5. Tecknowoman

Tecknowoman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Let me share an experience of a mater of mine. He was charging $27 USD, wanted to get rid of it so took it down to $17. This didn't clear it so he wrote a great sales letter and put the price up to $67 incorporating the reasons it was worth at least twice that and increased sales exponentially.

Price is often more our issues than the markets if it is great content they can't get elsewhere people will pay.

Pricing is something I have been looking at recently and have found so many stories like my mates on above. An offline biz increased it's price from $700 per unit installed to $1600 per unit installed before they noticed any plateauing in new customer take up.

Back on your ebook, research the market, find the prices being charged for what content and position yours

6. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The niche I was thinking about was a how to guide on how to create a blog or web and profit with it. The price I was thinking about is between $10 - $25 maybe.

Thanks for your advice Tecknowoman, I will do some research based on the niche and sale price of the eBook.

7. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

"How to" guides are very much available in the internet for FREE. So it's less like people will pay for what they can get for free.
    Well, unless it's really unique and it can't be searchable on the internet.