Ebay stores?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by RestOwner, Apr 17, 2010.

1. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Are they worth it or not?

2. Tecknowoman

Tecknowoman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

At risk of sounding like a control freak - the single biggest problem is that you have no control and rules can be changed without warning which can wipe your market, products and stores out with one hit.

This happened to many people selling info products when ebay banned digital products. Marketers who only sold through ebay were left with no store, no site to sell through and no customer list.

Even if you go down the route I would always be cautious of having this as my sole enterprise (all your eggs in one basket is a high risk strategy). Balance it with a site of your own, through which you build a customer list, create relationships and make sales - lest your ebay venture get wiped out overnight!

3. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It really depends on what you are going to sell.
    Can you state the products you plan to sell on ebay? Are you willing to ship internationally, or just locally?

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

An eBay store is a good way to start selling your product or service. It allows you to set up your business without going to the initial expense of having your own e-commerce and payment processing system. There are a huge number of businesses doing very well from eBay stores and you can too.

What are you planning to sell?

5. sweb

sweb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

for starters, it a good point to gain your customer base..especially when your need more contacts..

6. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes. You can get more customers if you have a good feedback. Best it to become a customer first to gain good feedbacks before starting to sell your products.

7. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

the hard part when youre just starting in ebay is to get customers to trust you even when you don't have great feedback or a powerseller label :D

8. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's why I suggests that he should start as a customer himself before becoming a seller. This way, he can get positive feedbacks and gain trust. Another thing is, start as a local seller then move slowly to exporting.

9. Alexishost

Alexishost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would like to try it to market my hosting business to ebay for next few month. Let see how it does.
    anyway What do you want to sell on ebay? curious guy?:)