eBay Partner Network - Denied

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by redhat39, Dec 2, 2009.

1. redhat39

redhat39
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wow I just got an email from eBay they rejected my website in their partner network. For the life of me I can't see why. Has anyone had any luck calling them as they suggested in the email to try and convince them to let your site in?

I've tried calling eBay before on other issues and it's always a runaround with no matter who you speak to so I'm pretty sure this type of request would get the same treatment.

Btw... If you want to see the site that was rejected here it is: http://www.jsyob.com

Thanks
    --Rick

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi Rick, I notice that your website sells traffic. A lot of ad networks and advertisers don't approve sites that promote themselves through purchased traffic. Have you read the terms of eBay's Partner Network? They specifically disallow some types of traffic in Term b.1.ii. I'm not sure if that's applicable to your site, but it could possibly be the reason they have refused your site.

I'd suggest that you phone eBay on the number they have provided you with and ask them why they will not allow your site and ask them if there are any changes you could make to your site so that it can comply with their conditions.

Good luck with it.

3. redhat39

redhat39
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That could be it Fergal and I may try calling them. But I know in the past calling eBay usually ends up in 2 hours of wasted time getting passed from person to person each one after hearing the details of why you're calling saying something to the effect of "Hmm, not sure why you got transferred to me... Let me transfer you on to someone who can help you."

What I may do is just submit a totally different website and see what happens from that. Then if that fails try calling them.

Thanks for your observations though, what you found does make sense.

Take care and Happy Holidays
    --Rick

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for your reply Rick.

An all too familiar story, I do hate that. Maybe emailing them would be a quicker option.