Ebay Business Ideas

Discussion in 'Business Ideas' started by MrJ, May 21, 2011.

1. MrJ

MrJ
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've been wanting to start an Ebay business this summer, but I have no idea what to sell.
    Anyone into the ebay business? Any advice is nice. :cool:

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to our Business Forum MrJ. I'd suggest that you think about what types of products interest you, perhaps there are products that you purchase and use yourself that you particularly enjoy or are passionate about. It will be easier to be enthusiastic about your eBay business if you have a genuine interest in what you are selling and you will find it much easier to relate to your target market if you are a member of that market yourself.

If you'd like to give us a little more info about the general areas or markets that you are interested in, perhaps we can give you more helpful and specific suggestions.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Grumpy

Grumpy
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

As said above, think about your interests. Do you enjoy sports, gaming, or anything niche-specific like that? If so, why not look into getting into some eBay business regarding your chosen subject? Bulk stock can be bought for low prices each if you have some small amount of money to invest and can be sold at decent prices. I've frequently heard of people making 100% profits on stock they sell via eBay.

• Like Like x 2
  4. bossagain

bossagain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should probably opt that product which fascinates maximum of the customers these days. beside this, as all said, you also should be passionate regarding the business of that product.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gamrpro

Gamrpro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To be honest. People LOVE computers, Macs especially. I've seen people dying to win a Mac. They have spent about 6 + hours bidding on one macbook.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MrJ

MrJ
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for all the responses. I'm not looking to make a fortune on Ebay, but I'm hoping to make enough to have some extra spending money. I enjoy video games, but I'm just not sure the market is there for them on Ebay. Most video games are selling really cheap on there, and if I'm wanting to make a profit, I would have to buy them even cheaper, which isn't an option. Again, I'm not looking to make much, but I'm looking to make something. I'm just not sure what I could buy to resell for a good enough value, while still making a profit at the same time.

7. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What about small items in bulk, these tend to have the most potential on ebay providing you are distributing to the country you reside in, it can be fairly profitable if you have the time.

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

MrJ I'm not a gamer myself so I'm not familiar with that market, however I do know that gaming is a huge market and there should be opportunities for you within that. Perhaps have a look at what types of games or accessory products are already selling on eBay, with a view to identifying a way you could do it better or to identify products that are not being sold there, but for which there could be a market. Maybe there is something along the lines of limited editions, or out of stock games that you could sell on eBay for a premium price.

9. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Since your interest are on games or gaming, concentrate on that.
    Even if not selling the games, any merchandise related to it will be profitable. Like custom made shirts or some action figures.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Shower2011

Shower2011
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ipad, Iphone and PSP is very popular .

11. Grumpy

Grumpy
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

This is actually a very good idea. If you can get a manufacturer to make custom t-shirts for a very popular game, you can sell them on eBay for a good price. And people will pay it since it's associated with one of their favourite games. Actually something I'd never thought of before. :p

12. WhatNow292

WhatNow292
    uix_expand uix_collapse

start with small and then observe which of your product people buying most then sell that product

13. Robinson

Robinson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Artificial or silk flowers trading are the best idea for eBay business. This product is luxurious item which is used to decorate houses or lawns, wedding ceremonies, birthday parties, Christmas and many other festivals for decoration purposes. Artificial flowers business has many advantages which make your eBay business more profitable. Wholesalepages.co.uk /wholesalers/artificial-flowers

14. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Do you sell artificial flowers yourself Robinson? If you do, how is the business going for you?

15. DonutMan35

DonutMan35
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just go to garage sales and sell that stuff online. Easy way to make money.

16. ecombiz1

ecombiz1
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Here are a few steps you should take before you consider starting an Ebay business:
    1. Research Ebay for products that are selling well. Doing this research upfront will provide you with the essential knowledge of how start a Ebay business.
    2. Scour your belongings for things that you don't need or use. Everything is a potential product that you could be selling to make money from Ebay. Although you may want to ultimately sell your own products, selling some of your belongings that you no longer want is a good way to get started on Ebay. It will give you the experience to allow you to move on to bigger and better things.
    3. See how much every item you decide on selling is listed for. This will give you an idea of how much you should sell your item for. Decide on the lowest price you will allow for your item. Even if other people are paying a certain amount for others similar items, don't list your item for the same price. Some people may be willing to pay this much, but they don't necessarily want to start bidding at that price.
    4. Join Ebay Now For Free if you don't have an account yet.
    5. Setup an account with Paypal. A Paypal account is free to open and allows you to send and receive money to other Paypal account holders and accept credit card payments.
    6. Learn about the costs of selling on Ebay. You will have to spend a small amount of money before you start making money from Ebay. There is a listing fee, a final value fee, and if you use Paypal for your venture you will pay a fee there too. Learn what those fees are before you list your item so you will know your costs and your profit.
    7. Read Ebay's Terms of Agreement, so understand exactly what you can or cannot do or sell.
    8. Consider using a Drop Shipping company. If you want to learn more about drop shipping read the Drop Shipping for Idiots Guide

Source: http://www.homebiz-direct.com/start-a-ebay-business.html

• Like Like x 1
  17. garrygreen

garrygreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

All depends on the Ebay fees and shipping costs. Also depends on how long it takes you to sell it or how many times you have to re-list the ads. Start with small and then observe which of your product people buying most then sell that product.

18. Robinson

Robinson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for your reply. Dear i am a wholesale suppliers of many products like clothes, Jewelry, cosmetics, car paint and shoes. Suppliers directories are very helpful for me because i can easily find sellers and buyers.

19. td2011

td2011
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with garrygreen above, get some experience to know the most popular type of product to sell, have a trial run with something. Know when to start an auction and the best time to end one. Good luck with it.

20. Stephen Ryan

Stephen Ryan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I found hot products and real quality ebay sales data here.. http://www.hammertap.com
    Costs less than £5 a month to know what to sell.
    :)