Easy steps on how to solve lost my windows 7 password problem

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by Croline, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Croline

Croline
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I lost my password for windows 7 for my laptop and a reset disc was not created. How can I recover the password or created a new one? I have a user who lost windows 7 password and now he's just able to go as guest! No matter for what reason, you may face this problem in your computer life. As requested, this tutorial shows you easy steps on how to solve lost my windows 7 password problem according to my experience.

Find the lost Windows 7 password with Windows 7 password reset disk

The first thing you should do is taking out your Windows 7 password reset disk which you created before. And follow below

1. Start Windows, When you see Windows Welcome screen , Click “Reset password”, and then insert your password reset disk.

2.Follow the steps in the Password Reset Wizard to reset a new password.
    3.Then you can Log on with the new password. If you forget your password for that account again, you can use the same password reset disk. You don't need to make a new one.

A password reset disk is only works on a certain account you created before. If you didn’t create the password reset disk, come on the next tip.

Change the lost password for Windows 7 with another user account on Your PC.

If there are other accounts on your PC, then login to Windows 7 system with that account as well as its password.

After logon to the PC, Please do the follow commands:

Right click “My computer→Manage→Local Users and Groups”. You will soon see all your Windows 7 accounts will be listed there. And you are allowed to quickly set a new password for the account with a forgotten password protected without typing its original password.

If no other account was created before, the only way to gain access to the locked computer is to use a third party application.

Remove the forgotten Windows 7 password by Windows Password Key.

Many people would reinstall their Windows 7 system when they find their Windows 7 password lost. Actually it is not necessary to do the reinstallation. With the help of Windows Password Key Standard, one can easily remove the password of a locked computer and then login to it without causing any data loss. Below are the steps of removing a lost Windows 7 password.

1. Log in any available computer, but not your locked PC. Download and install Windows Password Key.

2. Start to burn the Windows Password Key ISO file into a CD/DVD or USB flash drive.

3. Turn to your locked PC and restart your computer, make sure your computer can boot from this newly created disk by checking its BIOS setup. Then remove the Windows 7 password with the created but also bootable CD/DVD or USB automatically.

From the above, it can easily conclude if you forgot Windows 7 password, there are still ways there to help you change, remove or find it. Whatever, you will never be bothered for lost Windows 7 password.