Easy affiliates

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by pendelton, Apr 1, 2008.

1. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Turning your customers in to your affiliates is easy to do, and you do not even need all the extra affiliate tracking software.

Each customer that buys from you you tell them that if they send X customers, say 5, to you you will refund their cost 100%. If they order using your sales code. You give the new customers 10% off, and offer the same deal.

If your product, or service, is what you tell them it is, and they get what they expect, or more, from you they will use the power of word of mouth advertising for you.

Other benefits to you are:

This also gives you a good reason to send them a follow up email. Upsell new products or services in the email, letting them know that they can get the same deal on everything else you sell or do. The email will be for the purpose that someone used their code and you wanted them to know that they have X of 5 referrals.

The second thing that will help you is people post those discount codes all over the place, giving you free back links to your site. Now, you do not have to stop taking a promo code just because someone hit their 5, let their links to you work still and give the 10% off for the increased sales. You do not have to pay them anything more than 100% of what they paid you, so their is no harm.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I really like the idea of using discount codes, very simple and very clever. The way it can help with building links to your site is an excellent benefit and lots of hosting companies take great advantage of this.

3. divyun

divyun
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes, affiliate marketing is a great way of generating back links or selling your products. many people(including me) get attracted to these types of offers.

4. css25

css25
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with you divyun. Affiliate marketing seems to be one of the most popular marketing strategy. The idea from pendelton is absolutely awesome. Thanks for sharing. :)

5. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I didn't know that this was called "Affiliate Marketing". I usually refer to this as Referral System hahaha. I've always asked my customers that if they give me 10 referrals and for every referral that invests with me, I give them a certain percentage of the investment amount.

Thanks for sharing Pendelton!

6. avi007i

avi007i
    uix_expand uix_collapse

making or giving rebates(discounts) and creating your own bonuses is banned by clickbank.
    Maybe your idea can be applied for other affiliate programs, but check their terms and conditions before doing so .

7. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

This is for people not using those, and is very usable off line, as Nazreen points out.

8. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When I wrote that reply before on Affiliate Marketing, I didn't know about this term before. Well, at least I know a little bit better now after reading about it. :eek:

Anyway, looking at Affiliate Marketing, it's basically an online version of a Referral System or a Center of Influence.

They basically have the same concept, give rewards or discounts when you're affiliates give you referrals.

9. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That reminds me of the saying, 'A rose by any other name would smell the same.' or how ever the original went before getting mangled.

10. BlueEew

BlueEew
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The offers are very attracting. However there are so many good affiliates popping up. We are always unsure on if they are legit or not. As long as they are legit we will have no problems.

11. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, that's the very sad part. There are a lot of affiliates popping up everywhere but we're really not sure if they are genuine or scams. What I usually do to know if they're scams or not is to first go to their websites. If they're crappy looking and not professionally made then, more often than not, they're scams. Also, if I notice a lot of misspellings then they also have a high probability of being scams. And the most important, in my opinion, is to check what other people are saying about these affiliates. Google them and see reviews and also forums discussing about these sites/affiliates.

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

If you are worried about scams, and you are right to be concerned because there are so many of them out there, you could focus on the large well known affiliate sites such as http://www.clickbank.com and http://www.cj.com.

13. BlueEew

BlueEew
    uix_expand uix_collapse

CJ - Commision Junction is a very popular one.

Have any of you guys and gals seen the ones where you add so many banners to a webite and you get like $5-$15 per website per month even if they are new and have no traffic?

Do these work?

14. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've not seen them but am wondering why they'd pay you that. They're not expecting click throughs if you don't have traffic. I can only assume they're betting on your Google PR and Alexa ranking going higher if it looks like it has potential and wanting in on the ground floor by already having a link in place. Any thoughts on that or could it be something else?

15. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I don't know if those sites actually pay out. It would appear to be a little too good to be true, to be honest.

If these companies actually paid out it would be very easy to get a large hosting account, create loads of template sites on various domains and then get $5 - $15 per month from each of them. This would be good revenue for very little cost and for offering very little value to the advertisers.

16. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

There is a reason for those sites, other than getting paid. It is to pad the banner views, but I'll get in to that type of stuff later.

17. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Sorry but I don't understand that phrase, can you please explain it?

18. silent_thunder

silent_thunder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am an affiliate to several companies!! recently I made some money through webhosting affiliate!! As the post said it is easy money Once you have a good website with traffic you can earn easy

19. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Getting the good website and traffic, is the hard bit.

20. silent_thunder

silent_thunder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hehe I know!! But you got to put your work at some level!! But If you have money you can buy website . I always see CJ website on sale for very low BIN's at DP or sitepoint So you can do that!!

If you are serious in becoming a super affiliate you need atleast a hundred websites I am not joking seriously people have hundred or more websites

Their stratergy is to register large number of .info domains as they are cheap and use CJ on all of them. So eventhough the web traffic is low you get atleast one conversion a day!! Which is enough to pay for 20 of domains you just bought !! So in a month you can pay for your hosting and all the domains you bought plus the SEO or whatever you spent on

But two things that this method requires is HARDWORK AND MORE HARDWORK

You have to work really hard till you break even, if you are a person who will get tired by the end of month if you dont see the ersults then I am afraid dont try this!!

I am not a super affiliate myself, Havent tried this method but I will once I get time!!

Info domains are just 1.99 cents