Earning income through blogs?

Discussion in 'Business Ideas' started by Jay, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Jay

Jay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Recently I've been curious about blogs. I have never thought of owning one, but now it questions me if blogs are actually profitable and if I should jump in on the action. Can anyone give me some more insight on blogging to earn income? I've heard about Niche Blogging, Guest Blogging, etc but I need a more in depth view of things from an expert themselves. I would appreciate all feedback. :)

2. Khlesmizth

Khlesmizth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Blogging is a excellent way to build a following and gain money off of affiliate website. It all opened on what your interested in and if your motivate to stay up with it. Because with blogging your not going to make money fast.

3. ActionableBiz

ActionableBiz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Blogging is a good way to establish authority and thought leadership. Best thing to do with the blog is to turn your blog readers into subscribers so you can email them. The second best thing to do is to advertise high quality programs within the high quality posts that you are creating for your blogs.

• Like Like x 1
  4. fish

fish
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Choose WordPress + WPRobt + any SEO software can be great combination.

5. fish

fish
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, here are more details of WPRobot. I don't want to talk about SEO software here, I would like to mention article spinner, which wil be used in spinning articles.
    WpRobot is a plugin which can automatically form the articles on Wordpress Blog. What WpRobot does is to create articles on the aiming blog, and people only need to set up the relative keywords. The users of Wordpress can create articles in different kinds of categories. For instance, the different categories can user different keywords. Also, the users of WpRobot can schedule the time to submit articles, and the time range is from one hour to several days.
    KSnipe Article Spinner: It’s an online article spinner tool, and it is free for everyone.
    After the users use the spin the WpRobot collection information, what they are looking for is a SEO tool, which can spread the websites on the Internet and promote the ranking position.

6. Jay

Jay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Where do these articles come from, posted by WPRobot?

7. Thanoz

Thanoz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

BAD..
    BAD Combination..
    VERY BAD Combination...

8. Jay

Jay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Why do you think this Thanoz? If it's regarding the WPRobot, I'm pretty skeptical about it too. I mean, if theres a program that automatically posts articles on your blog, chances are the article is going to be either poor quality or not unique.

9. Thanoz

Thanoz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

After the recent update, WPRobot and adsense is considered a bad combination. Of course if you search you'll find many of the companies' supporters claiming.." NO OF COURSE NOT, , "NO, it WONT", "IT's perfect" (<---these are real answers you'll find on forums) All those "GO USE IT!" are f*cking lammers endorsed by third parties(don't want to be more specific in public) and WILL NEVER show you proof of their Autoblogging websites that work for years!
    There is a GREAT chance if you have wprobot and adsense to get DE-indexed.
    Some real user experience here: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2464135

10. kennyschwimmer

kennyschwimmer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes blogging is one option which can get u enough money. But you will have to make sure you have good quality content which get updated on regular basis.

11. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Just reposting someone else's content with software like WPRobot is not a way to make any real money. If you don't have anything new and interesting to say yourself, you will never establish followers.

Sure, the occasional blog on autopilot will creep up into the rankings but I think you will see that less and less often. Google and the other search engines are getting smarter and smarter about looking for quality content.

Spinning articles so that they try to avoid the search engines' duplicate content filters is also getting harder to do. And when people do find your page through a search engine, you have zero chance of getting a follower when you are giving them spun garbage that is practically unreadable.

There is a new trend called "content curation" that is a step about the auto-blogs that can be done with programs like WPRobot. If done correctly, it involves carefully selecting content published by others, summarizing that content, and then linking to the original. While there is some value to curated content, ti takes work and many people want to take short cuts.

Plus, I am not convinced that curated content will be profitable and a standalone website. My concern is that if you do a good job of pulling together interesting content, readers will leave your site to read the rest of the original article.

There are plenty of profitable blogs but most of those are due to the blogger's efforts to provide value to his or her readers. That builds authority and reputation. And that takes time.

• Like Like x 1
  12. covaflex

covaflex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is one of the best way to earn money online, blog creation and posting both are great way to spread your brand and getting more traffic to the site.

Thanks.....

13. cjarrodsnow

cjarrodsnow
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Creating a blog can be very profitable, but be prepared to write, research, write some more, build backlinks, and push yourself daily to add something to the blog, whether it's building backlinks, testing ad placement, testing colors, new articles, contributing to forums, commenting on other blogs... etc. It will take a while, unless you have a magic trick or a great mentor to help excellerate your learning curve. Stay at it, be persistent and you will succeed (as long as you have good content and do a little research to make sure it's "stuff" people are looking for). I'd also say buy your own domain and hosting service. From my personal experience (and others may have different experiences), a domain brings more traffic than a "fillintheblank.blogger.com" domain does.

There are 2 different types of blogs, well 3- an authority (a site that search engines, and people consider to provide "expert" information), a niche site (focuses on one refined and specific topic), and a fly-by-night (thrown together in hopes of catching fly-by traffic and hoping to make a few $ from ad clicks). If you want to make a career of blogging, your goal should be to work toward an authority site, and be forward thinking when selecting a domain name (I say this from personal experience) because you may find that you selected a domain that was either too broad for the topic you're interested in, or you may find it is too specific and you want to be able to write about other elements of the topic... but the other elements may fall out of the realm of your specific domain name...

Hope this helps!

• Like Like x 1
  14. even

even
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are alot of companies nowadays that sponsor bloggers, like sunglasses, make up and etc try to coordinate with them online. -secretstaff.com

15. Jay

Jay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for all your posts! I have decided to created a blog related to the never ending topic of technology. :)

16. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Blogging is definitely something you can do online that is profitable. Here's the problem most bloggers come to face.

They start blogging for the thought of money only. You got to understand, when you blog, it takes time to accrue interest and potential visitors. This takes time. If you're blogging due to the simple reason of making money, you shouldn't blog. What will happen is you'll write about something and get bored with it because it's taking to long to make money from it.

Keep into consideration, if you do decide to blog, blog on one of the two following:
    1. Something you have a lot of knowledge about.
    2. Something you're deeply interested in and have no problem researching to learn and then in turn making posts.

Otherwise, you will get bored and say screw it within a few months. Trust me on this.

You will not make a ton of money within anytime soon through blogging. It's just not the way it works. It takes a lot of time, motivation, consistency, and persistence.

Now am I saying blogs aren't profitable? No, not by any means. Blogs can be EXTREMELY profitable. You just have to make sure you're willing to put forth not only the effort, but mainly the time for that to even happen. The most profitable blogs are as profitable as they are because they've been around for years and updated once to four times daily. Is that something you can keep up with?

I blog because I find writing to be fun. Have I made a killing off blogging? No. But the reason is because I don't constantly try pushing my blog, I just write on it. It's doing pretty good, but not as good if I was more interested in the income factor of it.

Just keep in mind those things. Unfortunately, there's really no such thing as an overnight fortune or a free lunch.

But if you feel you have what it takes to dedicate to a blog, I suggest you go for it. Just don't blog for the money because you will become disappointed with the time it takes to get the money starting to come in.

If you blog for the pleasure of blogging, once the money starts coming in you'll appreciate it more.

I hope this helps some. If you need further insight in specific areas about blogging, ask, and I'll do my best at answering.

• Like Like x 2
  17. localtradedeals

localtradedeals
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes, you can earn by blogging.a blog in well way can earn more money,so plz continue..

18. remonray

remonray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This were helpful and key points to start any new blog.I don't have much patience/more knowledge about something deeply so I am not blogging at the moment,maybe I will start after some months or even years.