Earning from social media

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by Corzhens, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Have you experienced earning from your social media account? I just got to know about this site the other day and I'm still testing it. But I have so many writing friends there who swear that they have done a cashout of $10 or $20. It is like Facebook where you post a picture or video and you get points when your post get a like.

Have you been to social media sites that pay?

PS. Is it okay to post the link here?

2. healingforce

healingforce
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think I know what social media you're talking about. I don't know if you can post the link here but I guess you can name it. Are you talking about TSU? If I got it right then I guess that if you're willing to earn money there you should really have a quite huge amount of people tha shares and gets involved with what you're doing there, am I right?

3. Redd

Redd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Bubblews was one such site. I think you've heard of it. It started out as a revenue sharing site. After a while they stopped paying their writers and re-branded as a social media site. For the first few months the members of that social media site earned some money from it but then again . . . complaints started emerging. Payments were being delayed. Some members weren't getting paid, etc, etc.

Most of the other social media sites which allegedly pay their members operate in the same manner as Bubblews. You won't earn any money from them.

The only way I know one can make money from a social media site like Facebook is creating a fan page. If you can attract lots of fans, you could either directly sell products to your fans or advertisers will pay you to post promotional stuff on your fan page.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mohammed Qutaishat

Mohammed Qutaishat
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the social media is very important for earn money ,but you need some people to share your traffic .

• Like Like x 1
  5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

You can identify the site if you wish, in the same manner that others have identified possible sites, but cannot post an affiliate link. From what I have seen in the replies so far, though, this type of site really doesn't make money, so naming the site may not make much difference.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The site I am referring to is whzon.com which looks very similar to Facebook. I have not joined yet but a close friend is testing it already and said he had earned $3 in 3 days although the minimum cashout is $10. When he finally gets hold of his earnings, that's the time I could say that the site really pays. According to the blurb, the site pays 8 cents for every Like you get on your posted photo. Easy money if that is true. But for now, let's wait and see.

7. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Are you referring to this revenue-sharing site called "Tsu"? If that's what you are talking about, then my answer is yes, I have joined this site before. And no, I have never earned even a single cent from it. It was totally just a waste of time and effort on my end.

8. SpikeTheLobster

SpikeTheLobster
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Be VERY careful of sites with fixed rates. Such a business model is fundamentally flawed, since there are no advertising models that offer a fixed rate and no flexibility if the market changes in any way. Typically, this indicates either lack of forethought, a short-term system to get lots of interested people or a lack of intent to pay (though the last of those is pretty cynical, even for me).

Most fixed-rate sites don't realise how dangerous the setup is until they get a bit of publicity on forums, then there's a MASSIVE flood of new members who spam their site with poor posts, pumped full of likes by multiple drone accounts (yes, there's a hole in that idea of theirs). I mean, for 8c per like, just chuck a job on a microtask site: pay people 3c to click your like button, set up 100,000 clicks and you make $5,000. Rinse and repeat and the site goes bankrupt. And that's just off the top of my head...

• Like Like x 2
  9. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

@SpikeTheLobster, you are partly right on the risk of fixed rate revenue sharing. I had joined the site and before I got to my first paycheck, there was a change of rules. Your post gets 2 cents for every like it gets. However, a liker can only like any of your post ONCE a day. So that means if a user would react to my 5 posts in one day, I would get only 1 valid like that is good for 2 cents. But still, I find it a good source of extra income since I had already cashed out 50 Canadian dollars as of to date.

10. m0n2k

m0n2k
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've heard about these kind of sites. Some people have said that certain social media sites require too much information for very little money. I don't know exactly which site your referring to but I'll have to research it. Who knows there could be a legit way to make money with one of these sites. So far I haven't found any thing yet.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The site I am referring to is a social media very much like Facebook. I had already earned and I'd say it's good because they pay within 48 hours of submitting a claim. The payment went directly to my Paypal account so there's no hassle except that the currency is Canadian dollars. For those interested to check the site, you can send me a message so I can give you the link.

12. garfish

garfish
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Earning in social media must be fun but earning $1 a day isn't fun and likes aren't easy to get these days even in facebook. There are lots of freelancers and job sites to which you can find employers needing your skills. Jobs like data entry and web research are the easiest to apply to.