Earning from a site without ads and products?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Maria Sanchez, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Maria Sanchez

Maria Sanchez
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I live in the Philippines and I've noticed as a student that whenever I search for the meaning of local words, I barely get any results. And when I want to know about famous personalities, our history, and our culture, I always have to rely on wikipedia and government sites.

The problem with these sites is that they get too technical and get overcrowded with information when I just want to get the basic and most important details about something.

So I'm thinking of creating a site that compiles and compresses all facts and information about my country that caters to the needs of students, researchers, and curious minds.

It will have a user-friendly interface, colorful layout, categorization, and a search capability so that it will be easy to navigate. This will also encourage lazy readers and foreigners to learn about ourr country.

I'm planning to do the web designing myself and enlist help for the compilation so as to minimize the cost.

The problem is, will I be able to profit from this? I don't want to put ads or anything and I have no product to sell, though I'm planning make book out of it in the far future. But in the mean time, other than asking for donations, what are the other options?

2. RTSteam

RTSteam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you don't want ads or won't sell anything. You could make it an affiliate site; either review products or promote it. If it is not your cup of tea. Create a job board. It will make your website more credible and is easy to manage. If not, then why not age your website and then sell it after several years. The payout would be good.

3. Redd

Redd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Donations aren't a great way to make money from a site. You'll either make no money at all or very little money so as a way of getting some money even if it's only for overhead costs, donations should be off your list.

Since most people visiting the site want to know more about Philippines either because they want to visit or for some other reason, you'd make some good money from your site if your promoted Philippine made products, handicrafts and the like.

4. missbishi

missbishi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What about reviews? Whilst I understand that you don't want any adverts clogging your site up, sponsored reviews of hotels, restaurants and attractions might generate a little cash. @Redd makes a good suggestion about promoting handicrafts etc. too.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Damien Lee

Damien Lee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A good way to earn a considerably decent income without ads and products is to use either CPA or PPD lockers. But this will only work if you've got information that will be much sought after by your visitors. If you can compile several awesome PDF documents, filled with exclusive information your audience can't find anywhere else, you might be on to a winner.

Put these PDFs in a CPA or PPD locker, guide your visitors to these lockers, they will need to fill in a short survey before they are allowed to download the file. For each successful download, you will be paid according to country-specific rate. In some cases, you may earn up to $ 2 if the visitor is downloading from a country such as the US or UK.

6. Alan Ron

Alan Ron
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Basically it is difficult to earn without adds and products. The review system can be use only when your website had average no of visitors. Otherwise there is totally waste of time as well as money...

7. Robert01

Robert01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it's a very big plan. And a very big important and helpful plan. But, if you don't want to put ads in your websites and if you also don't want to rely on the donation then there's is a long and difficult way waiting for you. I hope you don't lose your hope. Wishing you good luck.

8. judithsellnetoow

judithsellnetoow
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ads, products is both is revenue source in website but you closed both door then other options.

1. lead sales form fill and sale the details to someone else.
    2. services like web design, seo, forex IB,
    3. affiliate marketing
    4. promote the business and do the branding once business get familiar sell the domain.