E-currency Exchanger

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by yen, Nov 19, 2007.

1. yen

yen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So far with the emergence of different e-currency such as e-gold, paypal, alertpay, do you guys every consider going into this business? I mean, let's say for every transactions either way from e-gold to paypal you charge roughly 5% fee, there is a potential for high return of investment. And one more thing that you shouldn't forget, the market for this exchanging is so Huge..

2. mr bond

mr bond
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't think this will bother us too much. Because it's normal for every business regardless their nature to charge on the service offered. And I think it's really thankful to have such exchanger like paypal or egold because I can't imagine if we don't have them? How could we want to do any transaction as fast as now? :)

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

yen, I have actually often felt that there was a business opportunity in this area. Obviously security features would be a major prerequisite for launching this type of business.

I've often looked at products for sale only to find out that the seller can only accept Egold for example. The seller loses a customer because I don't use Egold and I lose out on some purchasing opportunities. It would definitely be helpful if there was a website I could visit and convert PayPal to Egold, in order to complete the transaction.

My own webmaster forum does a lot of trade in points earned on the forum. This is possible because I am buy and sell the points with PayPal, members also earn the points by posting on the forum. You can see more at HostBidder.com.

4. untikoplus

untikoplus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree for online business today the payment processors like PayPal and e-gold (the most used) are very important, since without them this thing would be really difficult to do. There are some e-currency exchangers online since I guess it's difficult to maintain funds in all payment processors around not to be limited to buy from any store, but a few only are reliable to use, in this fields there are many scams.

5. surfville

surfville
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah this is a very good business but most banks nowadays have also seen the potential that is why they are already participating the e currency exchange business. So it would be hard for us individual to get in the market anymore.

6. paul

paul
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Starting exchange services of all e-currencies kinda business will benefit all of us and this will take the net to new growth. But to support this there should be some law enforcement/legal agency who can issue guidelines or registering with them so that scammers can be avoided.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Are there any major high street banks doing this?

Do you have any names / links?

8. rockage

rockage
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This seems like a really good idea, but like said, there would be problems in making sure both people give/recieve there money.

9. exinRex

exinRex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes it's true that the payment processors like PayPal or E-Gold is very essential for online businesses for then you can send and request money world wide. It is very useful for us, you can even purchase anything you want to buy online. And I think most country use this payment processors.

10. sridatta

sridatta
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Why is E-gold dollars costlier than Paypal? Many people in digital point forum offer to pay Less Egold for more paypal.. Is there any reason for that?
    I normally consider 1$ in paypal equivalent to 1$ Hard cash.. Is it not the case??

11. zerzis

zerzis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

ofcourse it is! If you withdraw your paypal funds into your indian bank then you will have INR equivalent to INR according to US-INR conversion rate on that particular day.

12. archgames

archgames
    uix_expand uix_collapse

it is not simple to just maintain a site like paypal and stuff and nah i dont even think of it