E commerce store or real store which one is better ?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by irisyang, Aug 15, 2014.

1. irisyang

irisyang
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Online Shopping is more and more popular with the development of online sales.
    So purchasing product is one of the most important tips in the online sales.
    The rapid expansion of ecommerce has made it possible for almost all big retail companies to set up their own online stores
    with regularly updated content.With more and more platform for you to select including ebay,amazon,wwcws ect...
    This trend is stimulated by the attractive low-cost ecommerce hosting services offered by different hosts on the web.

What about the real store? will it be replaced by e commerce store? The e commerce supply virtual items but the real store supply physical
    items. As for the the cstomers they would like to shop in real store...The real store take much room to shows our products but more attractive...
    It maybe a trend to combine real store with e commerce store to rush your sale would be a better choice...

2. AJKpeter

AJKpeter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would say that combination of them is better as all people around the world still prefer visiting such stores like offline ones.

3. Arizona

Arizona
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One of the last surveys I read stated that 65% (of ppl in the survey) would browse online but then still go to the shops to buy the items.. Still a large portion of the population on this planet that want to be able to touch something before buying it.

Always good to have a choice... I'm not buying any shoes online, or a new suit or items like those where I prefer to try them out first.. a long way to go before I change my mind about those kind of things, so still plenty of room for the bricks and mortar stores.

4. CoolHandCol

CoolHandCol
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A combination of both is good. Depends on how much capital you have and what products you sell.

5. marclewis

marclewis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would say real store is better as there is no physical person interaction in online store and there to answer any questions or guide online visitors.

6. ednawise

ednawise
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I will prefer Ecommerce store. Best positive point of ecommerce is the lowered cost. A part of these lowered costs could be passed on to customers in the form of discounted prices.

7. WilliamDurant

WilliamDurant
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both are better according to the needs of an individual, both are best on their own way. When we need to do the shopping from home or want to the virtual shopping that is believing the product before buying it. Real stores are best if you want to buy the things with proper checking and inquiry. If you want to purchase anything suddenly then it would best to buy that from real store.

8. apspromostore

apspromostore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think Combination of them is better because now a days VAT is increasing people started preferring online shopping where there won't be any VAT( Value Added Tax) Charges,but risk factor increases as cost of product increases so combination of both online shopping and visiting store is preferable.

9. promotionsonlie

promotionsonlie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I feel E-commerce store is better than real store because sitting at home we can buy products. Our time, spending in traveling get reduce. Door delivery also there..

10. John Bell

John Bell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I prefer E-commerce store because it allows consumers to electronically exchange goods and services with no barriers of time or distance.

11. Modishfitt

Modishfitt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I feel sometimes online shopping is good and sometimes physical shopping is a better option. Actually, it depends upon the requirement of products we want to purchase. Like, for the shopping of apparels I would prefer to go real shopping mall and for electronic goods I would prefer online shopping. So a combination of both is good for me.

12. florenceclarke

florenceclarke
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agreed with Arizona. There are still many people who want to see the products physically before to buy it. Hence, whenever a person like a product he/she like to visit the store to consider it physically as well.

So, in my view, real and an e-commerce store both are essential for business growth and sale point of view. For this purpose, you need mainly user-friendly design and easy accounting methods.

13. dbs00

dbs00
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Depends on your products , your area, your expertise etc.
    But a easier and a lot cheaper to run would a be an online store.

14. Datacentreplus

Datacentreplus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There will always be a value in being able to see and touch a physical product in person, over something that is sold over the internet. Having said that, ecommerce is just as important as ever to deliver exactly what people want, when they need it and at their convenience.

There is also the value of a physical store and encouraging people to browse and discover. This part is not so easy on the digital store front, but it requires you to stay on top of your marketing game.

There isn't really an answer to which is better.

Are you selling just another product or are you selling a lifestyle/experience?

15. Elias Tripolitis

Elias Tripolitis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would say as current trends are heading that E-Commerce is better by far. Lower costs higher sales. But an E-Commerce store in today's market will mean you will have to compete with Amazon, Ebay, Ali Baba, Walmart and their fast sometimes free shipping. If people are ordering online they want their products fast and cheap. These conglomerate online stores can offer things at lower prices and ship them for cheap. So unless you're selling a specialty product, tread lightly.

16. Saarah

Saarah
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would say both are best. Recently facebook has released a case study which stated that online campaigns increased the instore sales of the beauty brand.

So having both would help in increasing the revenue. In addition that website and eCommerce mobile app promotes your business 24/7. It helps customers to know more about the products you offer.

17. Brooke Harper

Brooke Harper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For homegrown brands and shops that start out in garages, an online store would be better; however, if you've established a name for yourself, a physical shop in combination with an online store is better.

When you're starting out, whether you're reselling RTW clothes or designing and creating your own, the online market is a better, more practical platform.

18. Curt Rowe

Curt Rowe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For any consumable products, E-commerce all the way! No one likes to spend more time in Target, Home Depot, etc. than they have to.

This is why I run my own e-commerce Business for such products. This business is making me on-going residual income and I will be replacing my professional income soon.

Feel free to start a conversation with me. I absolutely love talking about this!

Regards,

Curt

19. Smith-K

Smith-K
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would say both but since with eCommerce you have a lot of options to target your audience. The good thing with eCommerce is that you can always close an internet browser as regards to a physical store where one need to drive to the location.

20. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I'm not sure what your point is here. Closing an internet browser would be comparable to leaving a brick-and-mortar store, not driving to it. With that in mind, you are comparing two different activities, one from the end of a transaction, and one from the beginning of an activity. Even if you changed it so you are saying "drive from the location", the point is still not clear - why would leaving a physical store after making a purchase be an inconvenience?