E-commerce owners, how do you engage your visitors?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Sergey Kolontay ✔, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Sergey Kolontay ✔

Sergey Kolontay ✔
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, e-commerce owners,

What techniques or services do you use to engage visitors on your e-commerce sites?

We at OllyBee.com are currently building a gamification app to increase engagement, so we are also interested to know what other tools or techniques you use to keep the high engagement.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. In a nutshell, we're developing game-driven promotion like hide-and-seek game (I hope you played at it when you were a child). You can hide graphical objects on your website and suggest visitors to seek them. If a user finds graphical objects he can get a reward for this (for example, discount on your products).

2. Diane Lane

Diane Lane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That sounds like a great way to engage with customers, especially younger to middle-aged ones. I mainly talk to customers on Twitter and Facebook, but they can also contact me through the sites where my shops are located, since I don't have my own site, at least at this time.

3. Sergey Kolontay ✔

Sergey Kolontay ✔
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, Diane. Can you share an example of your shop?

4. Elysium

Elysium
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Moderation Monkey

I do not have a shop, however I find that e commerce shops that engage with their customers via live chat and social media outlets tend to grab my attention more.

Even sending emails to those who purchased something just to see what they think about the product and see how they are doing. Feedback forms, etc. can be an awesome way to engage with your customers.

5. Sergey Kolontay ✔

Sergey Kolontay ✔
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for your input, Elysium. You mentioned live chat. Do you click on it or chat popup appears automatically?

6. Elysium

Elysium
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Moderation Monkey

I click on it, the ones that pop up automatically pretty much force the user to talk even if they don't want to. You don't want to bug potential customers.

7. Chris_Tax

Chris_Tax
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I use my Facebook Business page to market by local customer base. I share funny clean cartoons from my Business Page. I am focusing on relationships

8. Sergey Kolontay ✔

Sergey Kolontay ✔
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you not have a website?