Dyeing the hair for confidence

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Corzhens, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I dye my hair partly for aesthetic reason but the main reason is to give myself confidence. It is not good to see a face in the mirror with that look of an old woman. Truly, white or gray hair give an old look especially to women. So that's why I am now dyeing my hair so I would look younger and feeling younger as well. As what my husband would say - your looks will make you feel it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. missbishi

missbishi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I dyed my hair for years, even before I started going grey. I do agree that these white hairs make you look and feel old and you feel so much better once you've got rid of them! I would never class it as vanity, more of an essential for well being.

Of course, someone will be along in a minute to tell us to embrace our greys! Not a chance!

3. Diane Lane

Diane Lane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Advertisers in the U.S. are pushing gray haired older models, telling women to embrace their age. I'm pretty pale to start with, and my hair is blonde, and I have a lot of white in the front, which washes out my face even more. From a young age, many in my family have had a tendency to go silver or gray, so my Mom colored hers from her young 20s, and she pushed me to color mine when I moved back up there. I decided to do it eventually, because it's difficult for women to be hired once they get past their early 20s, especially since employers don't want to pay for maternity leaves, etc., despite anti-discrimination laws.

4. chad23

chad23
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I dyed my hair turquoise once and that moment completely changed my life. I became more confident and independent.
    So yeah, experimenting with your appearance is great!

5. Diane Lane

Diane Lane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ahh, that's one of my favorite colors. I like pink hair on some people, too. What works for one though, may not work for another, the same with hairstyles, too.

6. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have naturally very dark hair which is why I dye mine. I have been doing so since I was in the 7th grade, which is young I know. My mom always told me that my hair was so dark that it would always look greasy, which is why I dyed it. Ever since then I have loved being able to dye my hair. I don't think that I would want to stop because I would rather have my hair lighter. Most people tell me that they like the lighter hair anyways, so I don't mind dying mine. I also don't like the dark hair so it works out.

• Like Like x 1
  7. VnhumR

VnhumR
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Maybe a dark hair is still more suitable for women in Asia than Western <in my private point> :p