Duplicate Content

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by James12smith, Nov 12, 2013.

1. James12smith

James12smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Q1] I wanted to know whether we can use the content from the blogs/ website which have been de-indexed by Google?

Q2] Is it alright if I use the same title tag for most of my webpages? will my website get penalized? Will be there be any duplicate content issue?

Q3] Do search engines give any importance for Meta tags or there only purpose is to increase CTR?

Thanks in advance!

2. marriott

marriott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ans 1- No, you cannot use the content from the blogs or other site. If you will do this google will consider it copied and your website can be banned.
    Ans 2- There will be no duplicate content issue if you use the same tittle for most of your webpages. But title must be unique for all webpages because same titles can create confusion for google when it will crawl your website.

Ans 3- Yes, meta tags are very important from ranking point of view.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MallofStyle

MallofStyle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with Marriott on 2 & 3.

However, I feel if the content is de-indexed that can be used in a different blog. Being de-indexed, it means that the content does not exists anymore in google eyes. If there is no content, there is no question of duplicate content.

4. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

marriott is right. Always use an original and unique content so far.

5. marriott

marriott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, unique and original content will help you increase your website ranking quickly.

6. marrick

marrick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Consider the site has been de-indexed, then it should be okay IMO. because it has been totally out of Google's index database. For maximizing it's benefits, you can add some information or curation to it.

It is not a good practice to have the same title tag for most of your webpages. However, it will depend on your motive in doing this. You won't get banned in doing this.

Meta Tags, only carry a small value in rankings. However, it can be a good option for user CTR.

7. kevinkrieger

kevinkrieger
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If duplicate content is present, site owners will suffer rankings, traffic losses and search engines provide less relevant results.