Dropped keywords SEO position after 2 weeks

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by haodl, Oct 24, 2012.

1. haodl

haodl
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't know the matter, when i SEO for my site: customvietnamtravel (dot) com, this month my keyword dropped position all my keyword, i'm doing it.
    I'm very boring. I don't know it. Oh my god!!!

2. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Google has adjusted its algorithm several times in recent weeks, with the biggest change occurring over a few days at the very end of September. While it was generally considered to be a downward adjustment on "exact match domains" (EMDs) like "customvietnamtravel (dot) com" it seems to have somewhat broader impact.

The bottom line is that small, niche domains, particularly those that use out-of-favor SEO self-linking techniques such as directories, article directories, forum signatures, and such, will have a hard time ranking on Google. For example, in the travel sector, a specialty travel site is now expected to have a really tough time getting past huge general sites such as Expedia, Lonely Planet, Orbitz, etc...

Oddly, though, some very low quality niche sites still percolate to the top of many searches I conduct. They just seem to be different sites than what were there before. We know that Google continuously is reviewing and modifying its search algorithm, so I suspect we will continue to see a lot of turnover in the search results.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Business Attorney makes a couple of good points here. I took a look at the sites linking to your site, and found a lot of directories, forums, and classified ad sites. Of the newest links, I saw several from the same site. You need to have links coming from a variety of sources, including blogs, articles, press releases, and the like. The second point is also a valid one. More well-known sites from bigger companies are going to have much more resources to obtain what they need to compete. It will be difficult, if not impossible, for a small business to compete with them on their own.

4. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This month and in the last month Google takes many updates like EMD (Exact match domain) Panda, Home page algo etc that's why many English queries dropped.

5. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I found this thing on your website, it looks like you are trying to manipulate SERP, full of keywords.

6. haodl

haodl
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for share to me

7. vishal23

vishal23
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When Google do some changes in their algorithm then fluctuation in ranking always occurred so build more links to increase ranking.

8. haodl

haodl
    uix_expand uix_collapse

this week, my keyword drop all, don't appear to 200 position (20 page google.com). I don't know happen! Can you help me? my site: www.customvietnamtravel.com

9. arindamdutta16

arindamdutta16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    You can do offpage optimize on seo. Article submission, directory submission, blog posting, forum posting, social media optimize is good way to get more back link and traffic. That makes to your site good page rank.

10. pentawebexperts

pentawebexperts
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am agreed that there are always some fluctuations in rankings after Google made some changes in its algorithms. So do not be so crucial about rankings secondly you may need to give some rest to your previous seo strategies and try to add some others in your list. It would definitely work i hope so.

11. abhirampathak3

abhirampathak3
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What are you doing for your site I don't know. In present time he vital point of SEO, your all SEO activity should be relevant to your site. Submitting content should be unique, it is the most important part of SEO, after google penguin and panda update.

12. haodl

haodl
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My site only Exchange link and Post our link to Forum (not much), submit link, and post to social network.
    SEO onpage, i'm trying have H1, H2,... Havel properties Alt for image,... you can check my site by SEOquake. i think that is not problem for seoonpage.
    now been one month since my lock relegated, I also removed a lot of link quality, but the site keyword position I still do not have anything positive

Can you tell me what i do?