Dropbox now available in Yahoo Mail

Discussion in 'Computer Questions, Issues & Security' started by magician661, Apr 8, 2013.

1. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yahoo on Wednesday integrated the popular cloud storage service Dropbox with Yahoo Mail. Dropbox lets users store files like photos, videos, documents online, and share them.

"This integration allows you to share and store files more easily, whether they are vacation photos or important documents like tax returns and research papers," said David McDowell, senior director of product management, Yahoo! Mail, in a blog post.

The attachments received on Yahoo Mail can now be saved to Dropbox, and files in Dropbox can be attached to Yahoo Mail. Large attachments that are more than 25MB can also be attached to Yahoo Mail but sent via Dropbox.

Those who don't have a Dropbox account, can create one from within Yahoo Mail.

Other major email service providers like Gmail and Outlook already have similar options, that allow users to store files in the cloud. Google Drive, that is integrated with Gmail, allows free storage of up to 5GB, while Skydrive of Microsoft has a free storage capacity of 7GB. Dropbox has a free storage space starting at 2GB, and can be increased as a form of incentive.

Courtesy :Times of India

• Like Like x 1
  2. Scarface_007

Scarface_007
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

wow thats great news, it was hard to send larger files and this will make it easier.

3. sobi123

sobi123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thats good, mostly am using gmail's space , but i will try this one aswell now , :) Thanks

4. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's awesome news. I have heard about DropBox before with their fantastic storage capacity. And Now, It's associated with Yahoo.

5. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What basically is a Dropbox?

6. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Dropbox is a cloud storage provider ,file synchronization, and client software. Dropbox allows users to create a special folder on each of their computers, which Dropbox then synchronizes so that it appears to be the same folder (with the same contents) regardless of which computer is used to view it. Files placed in this folder also are accessible through a website and mobile phone applications.

much on Dropbox you can get it from here :THE ULTIMATE DROPBOX GUIDE: Here's Everything You Need To Get The Most Out Of The Best File Storage Service Around

• Like Like x 1
  7. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice. then maybe dropbox will be used by thousands. I have been using their service for years now to share our files particularly to my sister :D But I can't see how to do it in yahoo mail.

8. Brijesh Patel

Brijesh Patel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Now it's so easy to share high size files and media in yahoo. Thanks for knowing such a informative news.