Drop Ship Question

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Rick, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Rick

Rick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

Quick question, I am starting a drop shipping business but I need some help with suppliers. My businesses focuses on products only found in Canada which limits the breadth of my suppliers (basically for every product I need a different supplier), would there be a different route than finding a different supplier for each product?

Thanks,
    Rick

2. JRichardson

JRichardson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey Rick,

What industry is your business going to be in? If you start by picking a specific industry, you can find manufacturers making those products and then you can try and carry the entire product lines of these specific manufacturers.

For example, if you are going to target the home goods industry, you can find out who the major manufacturers of these products are (for example, lysol) and then you can carry the entire product line (air fresheners, cleaning wipes etc...)

If you want to tell us what specific industry you're thinking of targeting i'm sure we can help you figure out some suppliers.

3. Rick

Rick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi JRichardson,

Thanks for the advice, my market would be to drop ship products from Canada not found in the US (for example; lays ketchup chips, coffee crisp, maple syrup) and focus only on Canadian products not found elsewhere. I did not think about working with product lines in particular because Canada is not heavy on manufacturing. My goal was to capitalize on exports due to a weak Canadian dollar.

Thanks,
    Rick

4. CorporateViking

CorporateViking
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Hi Rick,

I'd look at who the food and beverage distributors are first. They already have the connections and relationships as well as the ability to give you a drop shipment wide assortment of different products you could choose (in bulk) a la carte.

You're biggest thing is likely to be a place for storage and fulfillment house depending on the details of your plan.

Smart idea to capitalize on the different of markets between two countries so close.