Drinking companions online. Need your opinion

Discussion in 'Making Money Online' started by Haunted, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Haunted

Haunted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would like to run a site offering drinking companions online via Skype.
    Just like webcam site. Men with bottles instead of naked girls.
    Еxisting sites offering boring companions. Need a special schtick.
    So my question is: What does our site have to offer you to get you to call us?
    Thanks in advance

#1 Haunted, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2015
  2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I would avoid any type of site like this as it seems too voyeuristic. Referring to it as a "webcam" site makes it seem like a site where you would watch people drinking, rather than a site where you could find a drinking companion. Like the sites with naked girls, it's the type of site most people would want to avoid. I would not want to visit such a site, nor associate with those who would visit, or even run, that type of site.
    On the other hand, if it was more like a "dating" site, where they could find someone to go bar-hopping with, or even just to get together for drinks, people might want to visit a website like that. Of course, it would have to be made clear what each participant is looking for - calling it "like a 'dating' site" might give participants the wrong impression.

3. paullinus

paullinus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

New dating sites are no more successful. There are too much of competitions. Drinking companion site is really a unique idea. I liked the concept. Probably at initial stage it may not attract much crowd, but at least those who joins will like it. Remember, Geocities was a good concept and good initiative from Yahoo, but it flopped as it existing ahead of its time when internet speed was not fast. Similarly, the drinking site is a good concept, but would suggest to start at the right time, at the right generation of internet.

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

It appears that paullinus has gotten the wrong impression, as I predicted some would in my original post. It would not be a "dating" site in the traditional sense, but to use the site to find an actual person to meet for drinks may actually work.

#4 Joseph.Shivell, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  5. tsubibo

tsubibo
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Looks like a pretty good idea to me. So you meet and drink over skype?

6. ConvertiVid

ConvertiVid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I find the idea unique and interesting. You can find a drinking buddy across the continent and share stories about your work, family, life and etc. But the problem would be how to make this work, which would never be easy.

7. SLogix-Brian

SLogix-Brian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well your idea is brilliant and can be useful but it's difficult.