Dreamweaver vs Photoshop website building

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by tHai9, Jun 9, 2012.

1. tHai9

tHai9
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you guys prefer to build websites / web pages with Dreamweaver or PHotoshop ? what the the pros and cons of each one?

<br/>
    WHen i started making websites i used Dreamweaver and would create pictures with Photoshop but recently i started trying with Photoshop. WHen i make layouts, Photoshop is alot faster and easier to mess with colors and layout movements and no coded involved. what do you guys think?

2. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Create a design to suit a code is difficult, create a code to suit design is easy. Begin with Photoshop is much flexible in design.

3. gogreenbusiness

gogreenbusiness
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I tried to create a site with dreamweaver before, but it sad that i wasn't able to finished that. many of my friends said that it was the easiest way to build a site, but not for me... whaaa I haven't tried building website with photoshop as well. :(

4. band

band
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Photoshop is most easy to begin web design, begin with draw something in flat panel, then slice it to HTML in table form. Once familiar with the basic process, the slowly improve it with CSS code.

5. stevetoth

stevetoth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

have no idea about both of these

6. MicroScriber

MicroScriber
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I started years back with Dreamweaver and really liked it. I've never used Photoshop so I'm not much help there. After time, providing you stick with it, you won't need either. Not only do I create web pages, but also server scripts for CGI (Common Gateway Interface). Anymore, I sit down with a text editor, something as basic as notepad, and start from a blank.

7. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can't really "build" a site on Photoshop. All you can do there is DESIGN the site you want to BUILD.
    Designing and building are two different things.