Dragons Den & Investors

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by JPM, Jul 23, 2011.

1. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just curious if anyone has applied to one of the Dragons Den shows looking for investment for an idea? I assume there are millions that don't even make it on to the UK or ROI shows each year.

What about generally - have you gone to a investment firm or individual and pitched your idea to try and gain some investment? How did it pan out?

2. JazMajor

JazMajor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

:dream: seriously, i always believed that Dragons Den is ONLY a show.

There are serious investors that maybe interested in your business idea. Usually they will require you data or feasibility studies to see if your idea is worth the investment :)

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I haven't approached the show myself, but I know a business that did feature on the Irish one. They were offered investment but didn't take it in the end, because they felt that the terms and conditions being imposed by the investors were too demanding. I would say that the primary benefit businesses get from the show is the publicity of having your business presented on national TV.

4. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Absolutely agree with both comments, it is only a show. I follow some business' on Twitter who have appeared on the UK show and Shark Tank in the States and they clearly believe the publicity was the biggest positive, even if they didn't get investment.