Door to door sales....advice?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Uverserep17, Mar 26, 2012.

?

Do you want AT&T UVerse?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. It's not available to me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Uverserep17

Uverserep17
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello everyone,
    I recently got hired for a new job selling AT&T UVerse. I love the job but I am noticing my sales decreasing. Can anyone give any advice on how to make people a little more receptive to hearing my pitch? Or if you have ever bought from a door to door salesman, what was it that pursuaded you?

2. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Usually I don't really like door-to-door sales pitch because I think I am being bullied into buying their product. But the one time I really buy something, it was because they offer a really good deal and he really said the features of their product which I can really use in my day-to-day activity.

3. Navida

Navida
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the trend of door to door selling is very old and have many security issues. According to my analysis, it is the time of online selling, why don’t you try to sell your products online. There are thousands of websites offering free signup, from which you can easily display your product with company detail at website.

4. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What I don't like on this door-to-door pitch is it took alot of my important time. The last time my parents accepted one, it took at least 2-3 hours before they leave the house. The result, my mom haven't got a chance to make lunch which led us to eat late. :(

5. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

when talking about sales, i strongly suggest you read more about Joe Girard, read his story and his book, you can actually learn alot from it.

6. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Places
    I would highly reject door to door sales, regardless in office or house. As house, I concern about security and privacy so I will not invite sales man to my house. In office, I am working I have no time to entertain it. I am more comfortable with coffee shop approach after food (not before eat nor in process to enjoy my food), because during that time I bit more free.

Timing
    The best time to approach is after working hour, during that time our body immunity will be reduce compare to morning and afternoon time.

Places analysis
    Before visit a door, the outdoor environment can tell you some information. E.g. the door design, plant and decoration. If a house is drying family cloth outside, you can roughly know family sizes and who they are, from there you can know product audience.

Sales Tool
    Free gift - Most people not reject free gift. You leave something to a customer, so that future you have a valid reason to make next follow up. E.g. the feedback of free gift.

Note: sales is a number game, the more you visit the better you are. First time visit, I treat you as stranger, second and third time visit the strange level will decrease.

7. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Think of some new strategies and techniques in selling your products and if it is possible try to make some change to improve your product.

8. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

After working hours? But wouldn't that be late as most of them went out by 5PM? Furthermore, this could be on the way of the worker's rest time.

9. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

After 5PM, our body immunity will be lower down. Much easy to accept advise, new idea.....also best time to ask a girl for love^_^ (feel so good with sunset).

Average sales person work from 9am-5pm, success sales person work more longer hours, the work according to customer free time.

10. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hmm. I do not prefer door-to-door services too. Not that it wastes my time, but I just don't trust strange people going into my place - and even letting them in. I would be more glad if they would just leave some brochure about their offers, show their events and I might be as happier on attending seminars or forums on their products.

11. InterchangePlus

InterchangePlus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Introduce Yourself , Smile, and Be Friendly, Thank them for their time, If you can somehow make them laugh or be curious about what you are promoting that will make it more effective. Before you leave them make sure you leave something behind, a small gift, business card or brochure. You may not close the sale on the first try but if you get there information you can follow up.