Don't Underestimate Your Business Card

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by kristin5, Sep 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kristin5

kristin5
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It may sound like common sense, but, subconsciously or consciously, a business card leaves an impression on the person it’s handed to.

Consider these two scenarios: 1) You’re handed a business card, and the corners are peeling, the colors are dull, the paper stock is flimsy and weak, and there is no wow-factor; 2) You’re handed a business card with a creative design and bright colors that has been printed with high-quality ink on high-quality paper stock. Logically, the second option is going to be the business card that you remember in a positive light—whether or not you decide to use that company/product/service. That lasting impression is what attracts new clients and customers.

When I ran out of all my business cards, I decided I wanted to spice up my next set and make sure I got good quality. I spent weeks researching companies that printed business cards.

I use Global Creative Studios. Their website is really easy to navigate. There is a dumbed-down description and explanation for every type of paper stock. It describes the difference between 100lb and 14pt, or linen cards and silk laminated cards, or plastic cards and metallic cards. It was so helpful, and I received the first 250 business cards free. I would recommend them (their graphic designer also offered to create a design for my business card. Very helpful). http://www.globalcreativestudios.com

Don’t underestimate your business card. It’s an important aspect of business marketing and advertising. I would recommend doing research and finding a company that produces good, quality work. Again, I would recommend Global Creative Studios. And don’t hesitate to take them up on free promotions and specials!

2. BusinessGeek

BusinessGeek
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very interesting point, I do recall many occasions receiving trashy business cards from folks and in no means am I trying to bash anyone here. But at the same time in all professionalism, you should at least put a couple dollars into a good business card, I do agree. I have been using VistaPrint in the past but may take a look at the company you are using in the future.

Thanks for the recommendation.

3. kristin5

kristin5
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree. It seems like such a simple aspect of business that many people overlook. And it's such an easy and inexpensive fix!

I have also used VistaPrint in the past, but I personally have never been completely satisfied with their work! I feel as though the quality of their card stock is mediocre. I also appreciate that Global Creative Studios uses eco-friendly inks and eco-friendly card stock. But to each their own!

Thanks for the reply, and no problem for the recommendation!

4. alltimeprint

alltimeprint
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah that's right,business cards is an inexpensive way to keep in contact with your customer and instead of underestimating your business card there is an optional way to make your business card attractive and effective.alltimeprint[dot]com provides different types of cards printing services.

5. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that simple makes it more professional. Depending on what kind of business are you in too. I don't really have business cards because I don't really interact with people offline.

6. andrea10

andrea10
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am completely agree business card is essential factor for the business owners. It should be designed considering the business parameters as it is way of impression on person handed to. There are certain formats of business cards so that we can design it as per our business and contacts.
    @kristin5 you have shared very useful information which is very important to attend by new business owners.

7. ilovedesign

ilovedesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good article. A lot of people think that business cards don't work as well as other marketing strategies. They also think sending out business cards is a waste of money. At some point, it is, if it is of poor quality and design. There was an article that I've read where someone had their business cards printed on plastic. A lot of people say it is unnecessarily expensive. But personally, I think it was beautiful and worth keeping. Business cards are usually thrown away unless a person specifically asked for your card. But when people see that you invested on a good quality, well-designed business card, they can see that you mean business and that they can expect your products or services to be taken just as seriously.

8. pauldave11

pauldave11
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is commonly said that first impression is the last impression. Same is the case in the business. If the business is unable to give positive image or impression to the people in the start, than it can not get appreciation or liking from the people through out its life period. This is the reason why companies use large amount of its money to make various advertisement campaigns in the start of the business. Apart from all other modes of advertisement, the use of plastic business cards is also very common now days.

9. rfid999

rfid999
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nowadays,plastic business cards is indeed more and more important.A business card is a effective advertising tool many business man use. Business cards can contain your company name, your own name, your contact information including address, phone number,email, website address. I have been using Ecardtec.com for my plastic business cards in the past,but i will have a try the company you are using in the future.Thanks for the recommendation.

10. yang247

yang247
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Be selective in distributing your cards. Otherwise you may devalue them,or hoard them.
    Not only does a quality case keep the cards neat,but it adds to your professional demeanour.

11. FaaastCash

FaaastCash
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice Article. There are lots of confusions about Business Card.....Now everything will be fine after read this article. Business card is essential factor for the business owners it is a effective advertising tool, many businessman use this.

12. alicemenezes

alicemenezes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

True. How a business card looks is very much a deciding factor of how you think a company is. It creates an impression on the receiver.

13. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Closing old thread, please send me a PM if you would like it reopened.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.