Don't let them beat you down, 10 tips to empower yourself

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by Frankers, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Frankers

Frankers
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You know what you want to do with your life right? So why do people tell you shouldn’t be an Entrepreneur? Well, I am here to tell you that you shouldn’t let them beat you down.

Everyone is going to judge you at first for wanting to become an Entrepreneur. People will say that business is not secure and the failure rate is very high. And they don’t even have to say anything really.

Many family members and friends will just roll their eyes all the while saying you should pursue your passion. Those people don’t really deserve your attention or friendship. They probably don’t want to see you succeed because they don’t want to be left behind. Don’t let them hold you back

Many people, like my own mother, will not believe you when you tell them what you want to do with your life. I remember telling my mom that I was going to be a millionaire and she would say, “We’ll see” almost like she didn’t think I would do it. At first, I took it personally. But I think she said that because she can’t even fathom that type of success with anyone because she has not experienced it herself.

Here are some tips for you

1) Pick a strong reason to work hard. If you can’t find a reason, go out and find one. Believe it or not, working to improve someone else’s life can help improve your life.When you help enough people get what they want, you will get what you want. I remember the feeling of helping just one person and silencing all the critics in my mind.

2) It only matters what you think. Forget about all the tards out* there that are incapable of wishing you well. You should leave them behind in the dust of your success. A transfer of power goes from you to others when you care about what they think if you.

3) Don’t make excuses. Do you speak EXECUSITIS? Or do you speak the language of success? You may have circumstances that are perfectly* understandable but suck it up. No one sees excuses; they just seresults so stop trying to convince them that your plight is too overwhelming. *JUST MAKE IT HAPPEN PERIOD.

4) Learn to improve every day. Tony Robbins talks about CANI which stands for constant and never ending improvement. *If you just take a little out of your day to improve yourself, imagine who you will become in a year or two. Wow is the word that comes to mind.

5) Respect the process of Entrepreneurship. Let me give you a scenario. You knock on 100 doors both figuratively and literally; and you set no appointments. You tough it up, do it again, and you get the same result. Then you go back to the drawing board, learn better approaches, listen to motivational talks, go out again, and again you fail. At this point are you going to quit? Are you going to prove those that discount you right? No and you know why? Because the best days come after the worst. Believe me on this. The averages eventually play out and if you give up too soon, you’ll miss out on all the growth and success you get from them.

6) Track your results in a journal. Success measured= success gained. The first step to self-improvement is self-awareness and the only way to do that involves tracking your results every day.

7) Choose growth. When faced with any decision in your life, choose the path with the most resistance. Always do the right thing. Tell me what you think growth is with most of these scenarios. You have to somewhat lie to a customer to get a quick sale or lose the sale by telling the truth. You have a choice between going out on a Friday and staying home to hit your goal that you promised yourself you would hit. You can sleep in for a few more hours or wake up promptly at 7 am like you promised yourself. *Listen my friend, you will radiate courage and strength if you continually do the right things in your life; and people will take notice and automatically feel it.

8) Don’t ever think wow, think HOW. When you see something extraordinary it would better suit you to ask yourself how it can be done. Doing so will put your mind to work on finding the way to do it.

9) Learn to have gratitude for the challenges you face. Pain is just weakness leaving the body. Know this and you will be on your way to success. Thank God for the challenges you have because if they didn’t exist, you wouldn’t be the person you are today.

10)*Put things into perspective. Oh so somebody was mean to you? You failed 10 times in a row? If you are feeling down for the day, just imagine what things are like in other parts of the world. You don’t have bombs or bullets going off in your backyard right? You don’t have to worry about how you’re going to get water just to survive. You can go to the grocery store and pick out anything for a reasonable price. Let me ask you this, do you think that having a grocery store is not a privilege?

To check out more articles go to Http://businessvisionary.wordpress.com

#1 Frankers, Jul 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Great article, thanks for sharing it with us.

How do you actually go about doing that? What sort of stuff do you actually write down?

3. Frankers

Frankers
    uix_expand uix_collapse

2 steps. First, find an area in your life that you want to improve and ,second, find something quantifiable that has a direct correlation with your potential success. For example, let's say you want to improve your health. Well, you can count your calories, how many vegetables you take in, and how much protein you consume daily right? Consistency everyday is key. i didn't really understand the concept until I tried it myself. When you see a disconnect between your goals and your exact results every single day, it bothers you and your subconscious goes to work to figure out how to reconcile your lack of success.