Don't Be Stingy

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Redd, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Redd

Redd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's business advice offered by some people who've made it big. They know what they are talking about. Many business people always have their sights on saving all the profits they make so they can re-invest the money, or start another business [all great goals] but guess what this does? It robs you of the motivation to make more money while you can.

Spend some of the money you make on yourself and that great feeling [your hard work has been rewarded] will keep you motivated. The gains? You'll work even harder and make more money than you'd previously envisioned.

Your thoughts?

2. healingforce

healingforce
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well I guess it's pretty a good advice to do not be stingy but neither inexperienced enough to make some mistakes. My opinion is that you should really be aware of the potential of your business and so you should also invest as a consequence a fair amount of money for it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Elysium

Elysium
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Moderation Monkey

You have to "Treat yo self" every now and then. However I'm not sure about the working harder part, usually when I spend money on myself and relax I tend to not what to go back to work. The laziness kicks in and just stays there. :p

• Like Like x 1
  4. m0n2k

m0n2k
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should always take time to enjoy your success. It's wise to invest your money in something that will make you more money eventually, but some of it should be spent on yourself. It's like the saying goes, you have to stop and smell the roses sometimes. If it's all work and no play, that's when stress will deter you from more hard work. As long as you don't over do it spending the money you make on yourself isn't a bad idea at all.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The owner of our company is Chinese so I have the opportunity to observe the Chinese businessman. The first policy for them is to be stingy. Give your workers their due but not more than what is due them. We don't have much benefits in our employment but our salary is high. The chairman and the president prefers to increase our salary instead of giving us car plan or house insurance. But we have medical insurance though. The rationale of our boss is the tangible - salary is tangible, can be spent while the benefits are intangible.