Don't be afriad to do mistakes!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by DEADMAN, May 19, 2009.

1. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It only doesn't apply for business, but for every day life.

When you do mistake, I believe you're not only doing mistake. There are many facts that run in your vein. Let me list out main facts that I want to clear easily.

- thoughts of improving/not repeating
    When you do mistake, it's the common thing that many people regret not to repeat again or improve. Like from daily life to business, it is implemented.

- motivational thoughts
    Especially talking about business, you're inspired that you failed due to mistakes and won't let it happen next time.

- going to be perfect
    The more mistake you do, the more conscious you're. That means you won't repeat mistake next time because you've already faced it. And you're to the perfect to do the business or anything efficiently.

At last, I just want to add something that is, people are also sad and unhappy caused by mistakes, but I believe One should be inspired by doing mistakes, and never be afraid to do mistakes.

What are your views?You may have different view or Do you agree with it and can suggest even more?

2. nichewitch

nichewitch
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Mistakes are what experience comes from, not from successes. How will you ever figure out what works for you and for your business if you don't make a few mistakes along the way? When a child first learns to walk, it is extremely rare that they don't stumble and fall quite a bit.

Mistakes are inevitable. It's failure that is always avoidable because the only way to fail is to quit.

3. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that most people aren't afraid of making a mistake but they're afraid of being ridiculed by others if they make a mistake. But it is important to note however that the one who's important isn't the critic who always points out our mistakes nor is the one who says "It's good that I didn't make that mistake" because he's too afraid to try. The one who's important is the one who fumbled and made a mistake because he's the only one who dared to try and by daring, he has learned a very valuable lesson.

I'd have to agree with the main thread that it's only through learning from our mistakes that we propel ourselves forward and improve.

#3 Nazreen, May 20, 2009
    Last edited: May 22, 2009
  4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You should also try to learn from other peoples's mistakes. That way you don't have to make as many of your own.

A famous and successful businessperson once said something like "a person that doesn't make any mistakes doesn't make anything". It's by falling that we learn how to get back up again.

Celebrate your mistakes, they are truly your own and you won't have too many people trying to take them from you.

5. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Exactly, Nazreen..I also think that people are not afraid of making mistakes as mistake is something that no proper person will commit intentionally, they just happen by chance..But the criticism that is received from others is what that makes people to develop a ghostly feeling towards them,,,
    If you will afraid of making mistakes, you will never try for fear of being criticized & if you afraid of even giving something a try , you can never learn & progress...

:)

6. ShawnLim

ShawnLim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

True enough, this is the quote that I like very much from Anthony Robbins...

"Success is the result of good judgement , Good judgement is the result of Experience, .& Experience is often the result of bad judgement!"

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You've probably heard the expression that "a mistake is only serious when it is repeated" - it is very important that we, understand why we made the mistake in the first place and to learn from our mistakes, so as to become better in the future. In this way mistakes can help on a journey of continual improvement.

8. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fergal, here in India I had heard from our elders that Human being is human because he don't repeat the same mistakes again & again, he always learnt from his previous mistakes & continues his journey towards his goal..This also one of many differences between human & animals..because animal can fall prey to the same trap repeatedly after being trapped once but human is different as he learnt to avoid the trap next time one fallen into it..:)

9. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

But what is the rule of thumb to be followed about repeating your own mistakes? Is it "Once is enough. Twice is too much. Thrice is dangerous." ? I feel ashamed to admit it but I think that there are some mistakes that I've repeated more than once and there are also others that I've repeated at least three times. :eek:

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'm sure that there are very few people who don't repeat at least some of their mistakes. But obviously the less often you can repeat a mistake the better. Personally I find that as I grow older and become more disciplined, I'm less likely to repeat mistakes.

11. ShawnLim

ShawnLim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hmm, people grow older and wiser from their experience I guess.

Yea, like what Einstein defined crazy; doing the same thing over and over
    again but hope to get different results.

Once we did something wrong and we got the wrong results, just change the
    strategies and do it again. Many people get the wrong results but still
    they keep doing the same thing and hope for different results.

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That's the trick;

1. Write down what you want to achieve
    2. Take action towards achieving it
    3. Analyse your results
    4. If you haven't achieved what you set out to achieve start again. But change either your goal or your actions this time round.

13. kingmurtaza196

kingmurtaza196
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Mistakes Make a Man perfect

Hi,

This is a very common quote which is used to advice children. I think we should bring a change to this quote. Mistakes make a man perfect.

We can take examples from our daily routine. When I first started driving the car, i used to get nervous thinking that " What if i bump into another car by mistake ? "

Then once i bumped into a bus :( which broke my windshield . I guess it was one of the luckiest day of my life as i didn't lost my life.

My dad told me " You had an accident, now you are a perfect driver . You won't make mistakes now as u have already made one."

As people make mistakes, they get to know there weak points & they work hard on it.

14. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Mistakes are only useful when we learn from them. Unfortunately some people make mistakes again and again without learning from them, this doesn't help anyone.

15. ShawnLim

ShawnLim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's very true Fergal.
    Mistakes are only useful if people learn from them.
    If you're not learning from the mistakes you made, you're most likely
    to make them again in the future.

In fact, mistakes or failure are just feedback, they're signals telling you that
    something is wrong that is why you're not getting the results you want.

You need to learn from the mistakes that you made in your life only then you'll
    grow and improve yourself. The more failure you make the more successful you are.

Success is a science, it is not a luck. You need to learn and improve to get
    luck out of the game.

16. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Then I think that it should be "Learning from your mistakes will make you perfect". But in order to correct our mistakes, we still need a lot of practice. Then that would go back to the saying "Practice makes perfect".

17. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with Fergal, mistakes do make a man perfect but only when you actually learn from them and promise yourself you won't repeat them. If you keep repeating the same mistakes, that just makes you dumb (Far from perfect.lol).

18. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks everybody for helpful replies to the thread.

Have you ever been down by doing mistakes? Like doing mistake in huge business projects are not inevitable to result. But they happen at times. What are your views to recover or resolve it?

19. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The most important thing is to look forward, not back. Your future is in front of you and the actions you take today will create the reality you have tomorrow. You are responsible for your own future and you are in control of it.

It's important to learn from undesired outcomes. But the most important thing is to understand how our behaviour lead to the outcome and to learn what we can do differently to create a different outcome next time round.

20. jamesprx

jamesprx
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Mistakes are as common in life as are successes, or perhaps even more. But the abundance of mistakes doesn't make us more likely to celebrate them, as we do a moment in which glory shines down upon us and we feel the beam of pride. However, a mistake should be celebrated as much as a success, due to the pure simple fact that mistakes are the building blocks of our society.