Domain selling as a business

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by dafnisteew, Jul 10, 2010.

1. dafnisteew

dafnisteew
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Domain selling as a business, I'm interesting of this business in these days and finding more about it. If you have some experiences about this business, please let me know your ideas and experiences about domain selling. Now I'm working for Link building company.

2. Caleb Spilchen

Caleb Spilchen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's known as domaining, which is basically buying and selling domains where theres a market for it. Right now your doing link building, domaining is a big change, because its more sitting and waiting on things a lot!

3. forum.wedost.com

forum.wedost.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How much it will cost to start domaining?

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You can register a domain for $10 or less. Try to find a good available domain name that you believe other people would be interested in owning and then try to sell it.

dafnisteew you could start in a particular niche, e.g. buy and sell domain names related to link building. Once you have domain names to sell you are welcome to advertise them in our Buy & Sell Websites, Domain Names & Businesses section.

5. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends on which domains you plan to buy and sell. You should also do lots of research on which keywords are indemand so you can buy those domains before anyone gets it first.

Here are some links taht might help you:
    http://www.domaining.com/
    http://domainingtips.com/

6. forum.wedost.com

forum.wedost.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

suppose I have got a good domain name then where I can sell those domains? How to find the potential buyers? Thanks for your quick response.

7. realitybites.in

realitybites.in
    uix_expand uix_collapse

dafnisteew
    There are 3 Main Domain Business
    1st Become a ICANN-Accredited Registrars and sell domain name
    2nd Resell Domain name by Becoming a Domain Name Reseller
    3rd Sell Domain Name as Premium Domain Names

1st one is expensive affair ..you need at lest $20,000 to become a ICANN-Accredited Registrars (Note:- You can sell only few domain names)
    2nd You need $0 to $1500 to become reseller ..! There are few ICANN-Accredited Registrars who provide Domain Name Reseller for free ..but there pricing will be very high
    3rd This one is a really interesting business
    You can make thousands of dollar from one domain name
    Where you register domain name and put it on sale ...you keep domain name with you till you get the good deal
    and few intelligent people buy deleted domain name and sell it at very high price

For example :-
    Business.com Sold for $360000000
    Pizza.com Domain Sold for $2.6 Million

This one is really interesting story Pizza.com was purchased for 20$ 16 years ago by a guy called Clark and sold it in 2008 for $2.6 Million

and one of my friend had 2 letter domain name which he purchesed for 39$ and sold it for 250$ ...and another friend has a Premium Domain Names which is priced @ $2500 and he purchased that domain name under 50$

even digg.com was a Premium Domain Name which ..the owner of Digg purchased it @ $ 1200

In this business you need lots of Patience ...who knows a buyer approach you after 20 years ..!
    few intelligent people park domain name and earn money

and this is really Hugh Business ..if you want to know more about this business ask me or pm ..i can help you out

8. illianafrazer

illianafrazer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Friend you can also try your luck with the registrars like godaddy who will provide you tip off on several new and Hot Domain names

9. Caleb Spilchen

Caleb Spilchen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know people who started with free domains, and became millionaires.

You need almost nothing.

10. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for some fantastic info here . I have already PM'ed you.. I really need your help in getting started in domaining.. Its tough if you have no knowledge (Like me!). So, I am surely interested in learning more about it.

11. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you don't have any knowledge about it in the first place, may we know why you decided to venture into this kind of business?

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You could offer them for sale in the Buy & Sell Websites, Domain Names & Businesses section right here on Business Advice Forum. You could also list them for sale at the webmaster and trading forums, listed in our Useful Online Business Resources thread.

13. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

But isn't this type of business needs a long time for you to earn? Right?

14. Caleb Spilchen

Caleb Spilchen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey GekiDan,

That's an interesting question, because you usually want to let the domain age a bit after you purchase it, so people don't see your purchase price, and base the buying price on that. So it can be a long term investment.

But.. That being said, if you have a good collection of domains, you can make a good income as a domainer...

LL.com's have made people 100's of thousands... Imagine regging one of those :p

Caleb

15. realitybites.in

realitybites.in
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best way of learning is by trying out and ...by failing you will learn it much better ...because you will knowing what 2 do and what not 2 do
    Ya you are right GekiDan ...this business need lot time and Patience

16. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very true. Experience is the best teacher.:D

17. onetime

onetime
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, i think you are asking Domain Reselling business, because you cannot directly sell the domains , you can resell the domains through any domain reseller like **************** . here you need to get the reselling account and then you can start reselling the domains,.for details you can visit the web address i have mentioned..